What's new

Dry skin because of swimming pool water - recommend anything?

I got some CVS brand men's face and body lotion. Awesome smell and smooth consistency. Definitely a keeper.

I found that if I shower before I swim my hair and skin dry out less. I don't know if it's because they're already partially water logged that less of the pool water gets absorbed or if there's no real scientific basis for it and it's all in my head, but in any event it works for me and I'm sticking with it. Plus, I get fewer dirty looks from the real swimmers who get ticked if people don't follow the rule that "requires" you to shower before using the pool.

I swim often too and I have the same problem. I read that in this thread you recommend a product that is not available in my area (blue label Vaseline petroleum jelly). I was wondering if the nivea cream could be OK.

I also have the problem that all cleanser I've tried are too harsh for my face. So I thought to use just water on my face in the shower (and using shampoo on the hair and the rest of the body) and then wash my face morning and evening with a cleansing milk :blushing: (yes, the one that women use remove make-up :blushing:) because It is the only cleanser that does not dry my face. You think it is a crazy idea?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your attention. :001_smile

Thanks for the advice but I am a little afraid to try it because in the past I had negative experiences with plants origin products, it seems that my skin does not tolerate them. Once I tried the 100% aloe vera gel and my face became red and swollen and burning for a couple of days. And even with argan oil and almond oil things did not go well. While usually I have no problems with synthetic or animal origin products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom