What's new

Upgraded from Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin

I have been using the Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin and i like it but i was wondering if there is a aftershave balm/lotion that would be a upgrade from this. I really like the milky lotion that comes from this aftershave. But maybe something with more of a scent.

Any ideas? :idea:

Thanks!

AOS Lavender is great for Winter. It's a bit thick and heavy, but I have dry skin and it's perfect. Be warned though, if you have razor burn issues this balm isn't the greatest thing to start out with. Otherwise it's the best I've used yet.

AOS Lavender is great for Winter. It's a bit thick and heavy, but I have dry skin and it's perfect. Be warned though, if you have razor burn issues this balm isn't the greatest thing to start out with. Otherwise it's the best I've used yet.

Oh i love the smell of lavender. But i get a little burn when i put on the Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin. Does that mean i should probably stay away from the AOS Lavender until i get better shaves?

Oh i love the smell of lavender. But i get a little burn when i put on the Nivea Extra Soothing Balm/Sensitive skin. Does that mean i should probably stay away from the AOS Lavender until i get better shaves?

I also use the Nivea Extra Soothing, but I only use it before I go to bed as a moisturizer. I'm not sure whether you'd have a burn or not, but to be safe I think you should skip the AOS for now, it'd be an expensive buy @ $38 if it didn't work out for you.

I also use the Nivea Extra Soothing, but I only use it before I go to bed as a moisturizer. I'm not sure whether you'd have a burn or not, but to be safe I think you should skip the AOS for now, it'd be an expensive buy @ $38 if it didn't work out for you.

Thanks for the future advice!

Any other suggestions?

If you like lavender, then you should try the SCS Lavender After Shave Milk produced by Saint Sue; light lavender scent and no burn. when I am going for the whole 'gentleman' experience, I use this and the SCS EDT in my shave routine.

Marty

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Thanks for the future advice!

Any other suggestions?

I'm currently using The Art of Shaving lemmon aftershave balm. I really like this stuff. I have not tried the lavender or any other AOS flavors. At $38.00 a bottle I will probably go back to Nivea for daily use soon, just to save money.

I'm in the same boat, as a current Nivea user, I wouldn't mind a little more moisturizer too. I like the Nivea products a lot and the price is pretty good. If Target ever restocks their inventory I'm planning on picking up some of the Proraso balm myself. I have the Pre/Post already but I'd like to try their "Liquid Cream" balm. Then maybe the Musgo Real Balm. It's funny because those 3 products double in price for each step... Nivea $6, Proraso $12, Musgo $24

I agree. I've been using Nivea for about 5 years. About 2 months ago I got Proraso and have found it to be fantastic.

I'll also throw in my 2 cents and tell you to try out the eShave sampler. The white tea balm is amazing.

eShave sampler?

eShave sampler?

Go to www.eshave.com and sign up for their email list. They should send you an email offer shortly where you can get a "free" sampler (you have to pay $5 shipping).
It contains:
1 cucumber shave cream
1 white tea shave cream
1 soothing after shave balm (scent free)
1 white tea after shave balm

I really like these products. They also sell a sampler of all of their products for $12, but I think you can get it cheaper on ebay.

Kevin

I also recommend the Proraso after shave balm & the Eshave White Tea aftershave cream with shea butter in it. Nivea lotion in the tube works pretty good. Lately, I tried using Gold Bond Ultimate skin lotion with shea butter in it. For me, the Gold Bond works better than the Nivea.

I'm in the same boat, as a current Nivea user, I wouldn't mind a little more moisturizer too. I like the Nivea products a lot and the price is pretty good. If Target ever restocks their inventory I'm planning on picking up some of the Proraso balm myself. I have the Pre/Post already but I'd like to try their "Liquid Cream" balm. Then maybe the Musgo Real Balm. It's funny because those 3 products double in price for each step... Nivea $6, Proraso $12, Musgo $24

Then the CADE ASB for ~$30 heheh...
Because I use witch hazel before the ASB, I haven't been as happy with the nivea. The CADE is working great for me. I'll be sticking with this for a while.

I like the Proraso a lot, scent doesn't really work for me. I have a love/hate thing going on with it. I'll have to try the Musgo sometime too.

If you like lavender, then you should try the SCS Lavender After Shave Milk produced by Saint Sue; light lavender scent and no burn. when I am going for the whole 'gentleman' experience, I use this and the SCS EDT in my shave routine.

Marty

Just remember the YMMV caveat... I've never had an adverse reaction to any ASB that I've tried (many) until I tried the SCS lavender ASM... it has a slight tingle/burn for me that dissipates after a few minutes... it does smell really good though!

Go to www.eshave.com and sign up for their email list. They should send you an email offer shortly where you can get a "free" sampler (you have to pay $5 shipping).
It contains:
1 cucumber shave cream
1 white tea shave cream

I really like these products. They also sell a sampler of all of their products for $12, but I think you can get it cheaper on ebay.

Kevin

Thanks for the help! I'll sign up for that site.

I also just ordered a sample pack of aftershave from Scotto. Here is what i got.

Group 1:

Proraso liquid cream
Thayers Lavender witch hazel & aloe (atomizer)
Em's "Skincidinal" ASB (twist-top container)

Group 2:

Trumpers West Indian Limes Skin Food
Trumpers Coral Skin Food (cute container)
Musgo Real A/S balsam (cute contaner)

It contains:
1 cucumber shave cream
1 white tea shave cream

The eShave unscented soothing balm is great stuff. I used it for years and years (those nice big bottles) - don't know why I stopped, really! :blink:

Another really nice ASB is made by Clarins (http://us.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=331), but Clarins products have to be some of the most expensive known to man! :eek: HOWEVER - Clarins also makes the Chrome ASB for Azzaro, which is the same wonderful balm but with the scent of Chrome (my better half loves it). If you poke around the ol' Internet, you can find it pretty cheap! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom