What's new

My Dog Loves The B&B Brush

This is a funny story. So, the other day when I picked up my brush and took it out of the box the dog was sniffing it like crazy (yes, my brush is one of those that does have a stronger scent to it). I washed it a couple of times and it toned down a bit, but still smells quite strong.

It's so funny though my dog keeps sniffing by the bathroom counter right where the brush is. Especially when I wet it he comes running into the bathroom and sits sniffing the counter right by where I have my brush resting in the bowl. It's as if it has awakened his most primitive hunting instincts. It's really funny. He's never really cared about my older badger brush just this new one with the strong badger scent. I never thought I'd get this type of reaction, he never really shows much of an interest in other animal scents, other than just sniffing enough to figure out what the scent is. It's kind of a strange and funny story so I thought I'd share.

Just give it to him.

Who knows, another one might pop up on the forum later down the line that you can buy for yourself. :wink:

The look of a shocked face when McCauley Culkin splashed after shave on his face, in "Home Alone", comes to mind. :eek:

You had better start feeding that badger some soap or cream immediately! :thumbup1:

chop-chop

Good story but $110 is WAY too expensive for a dog toy. Although we know from Joel's testing that the brush could handle it.:wink:

Good story but $110 is WAY too expensive for a dog toy. Although we know from Joel's testing that the brush could handle it.:wink:

Well, it's all fun and games until the dog figures out how to use a blowtorch and drive a Denali :scared: :biggrin1:

I have to go out and buy some Borax to give it a thorough cleaning. All I use now is shampoo. Plus I'll use Proraso or something to help mask the scent.

Steve,

What kind of dog do you have? I have a Boston Terrier and he does the same thing! I've had my brush for over a month now and he still goes nuts for it. All I have to do is say "Vito it's time for Daddy to shave" and he runs into the bathroom, jumps up on the toilet, and sits there the whole time. As soon as the brush comes out of the hot water he wants to smell it and bite at it. So shaving time has become bonding time with my dog LOL.

Robb

Well, it's all fun and games until the dog figures out how to use a blowtorch and drive a Denali :scared: :biggrin1:

:lol: :thumbup:

I read somewhere that a dog's sense of smell is about a million times more sensitive than ours. Methinks your dogs will be at your sides for a good long while after you stop smelling the badger funk.

What kind of dog do you have?

He's an Italian Sheepdog, almost 10 months old. Not really a hunting dog, more of a dual purpose herding/flock guarding dog. But boy he sure loves the scent of badger.

That's funny. I have a Boerboel (155 pounds, NOT a hunting dog) and he gets pretty excited when I break out the brushes as well. He tries to bite it. I have no doubt he would make short business of it if I let him have it.

Got to love the animal stories! I have two one year old standard poodles that I do not dare allow in the vicinity while shaving. They have way too much fun and I can not afford to be distracted while shaving.

a herding breed? be careful about letting him close to it. my herding dog (bouvier) had a basic 3 step approach to anything new he ever encountered:

1) can i have sex with it? if no, then

2) can i eat it? if no, then

3) p$$$ on it.

:biggrin:

Mine arrived yesterday and certainly doesn't smell of badger. The smell is more Jeyes fluid disinfectant or maybe mothballs.

Any suggestions what to do with all the extra lather that brush whipped up last night? Amazing.

Gareth

Top Bottom