What's new

Acquisitions 22nd March - 28th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Brian,, I'll tell you where I've been, that's not a problem,but what's the point, everything is gone ( oink oink). But tell you where I'm GOING ?,, well, let me check them out first and see if it's worth your trouble to go as well.
Gee,, what am I saying here?
LOL,,, all in good fun. My bank account can only go so far,,,right? I'd rather have someone from the group get them than let them sit in some shop unloved. We'll get together and go hunting some day and see what we can flush out.
A hint,,, check out the antique "mall" off Lehigh St. 150 vendors all in one place year 'round. Owner said I'm not the only one looking for shaving stuff. And this weekend they'll host the first outdoor market for the summer. Could be interesting.
See.. I can share.

Last edited:
I have one of these brand new still in the box with a shaving brush,except it has a car on it instead of a plane, my old man gave to me about 10yrs ago, i see this post and dug it out of the cupboard,so before i hit ebay with it let me get this straight when you say 3 figures you mean like 100 and not 1.99 right?

Wow, quite the realization that something you've had sitting around in a cupboard for a decade might be worth more than a hundred bucks (especially since it's in the original package.. might fetch quite the haul)

I was just joking...no big deal. I was at that Antique store in the South Mall already. I found some items but nothing worth buying. Im headed out of town this weekend and I know where some stores will be where im going so Ill post my findings on sunday, if any.

I also think the little sub titles or whatever they're called under my name are funny as well as they keep changing almost daily. Kudo's to whoever writes them!
Ya' make me chuckle!

Ahh you finally noticed! Every newbie here gets assigned to a contributor and I'm yours!

I change my guy's signs once every day or two, but I've been busy as of late, sorry if I'm a bit slow in the future!

Carlin

No,No,, not the South Mall, been there too and as you say, nothing happening. This one is on 33rd st. just off Lehigh. It's the Weil clock company's place , anyone into old clocks you should see this store, WOW, besides the 150 or so vendors with antiques. Turn off where the Dunkin Donuts is as if your heading towards Emaus ave. ,, it's on the R. That's where the outdoor market will be this WE.
I don't know where you work in Bethlehem, but you have to stop by my studio some time.

Carlin!!! I've been noticing all along! What a hoot! It's little details like this that make this site so much fun. Thank you. Slow? I think it's the third I've had and they all make me chuckle. I appreciate it.

Wow, what great finds. If you ever want to get rid of that "mismatched" str8 with the barber notch, let me know. I've been looking for something like that at a good price. Oh yeah, the W&B too. :thumbup:

i was able to pick up 2 old razors this week one is a old type and the other a new standard for 15 euros .
full

here's a picture of the old" new" and one of the old"old"after one hour of cleaning i get a new"new" and a new "old" .
a picture of both the new "new"&the new"old"
full

and finally one of my new "new"(on the right) with my older "news":lol:
full

*on the handle it's write PAT.JAN.13.1920 USA wich is not the case with my older news they don't have USA write after the patent number .

Last edited by a moderator:
the cases look better too! is that just the camera or do you work on them also? I'm afraid to touch my cases, but maybe I'm missing on some clean up opportunities?

-jim

Thanks! I like the replated gillette NEW heads, but I think that with the possible exception of Merkur's slant, the new Muhle head may be the best out there.

I've heard Muhle is still using a Merkur head for their R41, but that they're introducing their own open-comb design sometime this year. I figure every vendor will be sold out in about 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom