What's new

Acquisitions 22nd March - 28th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice haul Harry. I'm going to try and get out there on Saturday.

It could have been the Central Texas B&B Wolf Pack search and purchase vintage antique shaving meet and greet!:w00t:

You could have called somebody to come help :001_rolle

We'd clear out the gear for everyone else haha!

Me too, hopefully he didn't get it all.

SWMBO says there is also a second fair that is held in Round Top in the fall. Time to start planning the B&B Wolf Pack Hunt!!

I have one of these brand new still in the box with a shaving brush,except it has a car on it instead of a plane, my old man gave to me about 10yrs ago, i see this post and dug it out of the cupboard,so before i hit ebay with it let me get this straight when you say 3 figures you mean like 100 and not 1.99 right?

Last edited:
Lately every time I'm driving and my car sees an "Antique" sign it pulls over and stops until I get out and take a look. I have no control over it.
No major scores but fun stuff to sit around the display's of razors and complete the picture. It's fun too when people looking at the collection say " Hey, I remember this,,,,"
The soap bowl is empty ( sigh) and there is but a tablespoon of cologne in the bottle ( I wish it had more,it smells GREAT).
The can of talc is full and smells pretty good as well. The little stone, well for a buck I couldn't say no. Same for the lucite / nylon brush ( it's surprisingly soft and supple) the other brush is a bit coarser . Not serious contenders just fun cheap stuff.
And the small can of powdered alum. It's full. Have no idea of the time period but though it too just looked pretty neat in itself. Nice instructions on the back as well.
All in all, nothing spectacular, just fun. And all was had for about the price of a lunch.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
For an astringent douche, dissolve 1 teaspoonful in a pint of warm water....... :lol:

Love the Cashmere Bouquet- my mom used to use that. Probably gave me my asthma.

Last edited:
Ha! Yup, that's the line that got me too!. It was worth the 4 bucks just for the laugh alone.

And the Cashmere Bouquet,,,, The fragrance men love,, OK!

I also have ( somewhere) a pack or two of steelwool. On the package it's listed as "Tampons". I guess in other countries where it's sold, it means something else. I HOPE!
These old packages and things just crack me up sometimes. Just have to have 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom