What's new

Acquisitions 22nd March - 28th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just managed to win an auction for a wooden Richwood case. It comes with a gold fat handled Tech and gold blade case but I've actually got the right razor and blade case at home for it so I'll be able to make up a complete set. It's nice to be able to put back sets of razors and cases. Hopefully they'll never be seperated again.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I recently bought a nice gold St Dupont lighter but I'm struggling to find the proper little gas cartridges to fill it. Luckily there's a bloke on eBay that makes an adaptor so you can fill the Dupont from a standard butane can.

proxy.php

Here we have a nice lapped Swaty hone.
An 11/16 Zak Solingen FH,
and a beautiful 5/8 Boker FH with barber's notch, ornate scales, and what appears to be ivory on the tang, circa 1900-1905(?). Sadly, the Boker is leaving me tomorrow for restoration.:tongue_sm

Last edited:
Here we have a nice lapped Swaty hone.
An 11/16 Zak Solingen FH,
and a beautiful 5/8 Boker FH with barber's notch, ornate scales, and what appears to be ivory on the tang, circa 1900-1905(?). Sadly, the Boker is leaving me tomorrow for restoration.:tongue_sm

That Boker looks amazing! :drool:

Congrats on the awesome score! :thumbup1:

Picked up a few things in an antiques store.

2 Gillette SuperSpeeds, an Eversharp Schick Double Edge Razor, and a "Mister" Shaving Mug scuttle. All were $5 apiece.

The razors are ok. The eversharp has several nicks on the silo doors, and I think some plating loss on the sides of the silo. The Superspeeds are a bit better, and the scuttle needs some cleanin.

Overall not too bad.

There were a few other items of note at that store. Several Gems (I believe), straight razors with random cases, a ceramic razor bath, and a cased Auto Strop with out a tag. Unfortunately, the clerk couldn't sell the Auto without a tag, but she has my number so she can let me know when she gets a price for it.

Let me know if I ID a razor wrong, still new.

From a PIF sent to me Free of charge from Scott at Rasage Poulin, "Cuir" from a new line of cologne he is carrying from Paris "L.T. Piver".

Thank you Scott!!

This is a phenomenal Leather scent, i am very excited about it. it seems very straight forward right off the top. very surprising for a leather scent as i think of leather as a heart or base note, however as the heart note starts to come alive there is more going on and it becomes more dynamic. i went light and gave myself 6 sprays :biggrin: so it'll be another our or so until i start to see how this develops.

Edit, im now getting a little floral (jasmine maybe?) coming through. a nice contrast to the leather!

Yesterday I came home to an overflowing mailbox and a stack by my door. I will snap a few pictures later today since my camera was in the lot.

1 Stick of Irisch Moos
1 Duke 1
1 Muhle 89
1 Sample of Creed (the Portugal one)
1 Sony camera (2 years old, $40)
2 Packs of black Feather blades

I think that's it.

Lots of time spent beach combing? or whatever trolling through vintage and thrift shops is called.

-jim

Actually I stumbled across these. I think it was the 3rd shop I ever went into looking for shaving items and there they were :w00t: I cant wait for this weekend. I may find a Gold Mind :thumbup:

Wow. Love the Pall Mall and Butterscotch Ever-Ready. I would use them all, personally. That said, I prefer to enjoy things by using them, and can see how others would get enjoyment from displaying unused vintage items.

From Erick (Ookla the Mok).

No.9 1/2 CV Heljestrand Half hollow squared point razor

proxy.php

proxy.php

Photos by Glen (gssixgun) @ Gem Star Customs

I just pickd up one of these. I'm not sure whether they are a bed warmer, hand warmer or flask but they're a nice Gillette collectable all the same

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I had quite a good day antiquing, what do you think?

1. Hull pottery old spice mug with soap unused $6.00

2. Unidentified cobalt bottle with a silver plated wrap and long spout.$15.00. Gonna use it for my bay rum.

3.Monark razor strop #997 $12.00

4.I cut my way,William Rogers sheffield cutlery est.1830.Blade reads trade MAGBEL mark made and ground by english labour $17.00

5.Plymouth 5 brush transparent amber handle $8.00

6.Rubberset aluminum handle $8.00

7.Erskine k150 transparent butterscotch handle $5.00

8. K1 slim adjustable not pictured cause i ran out of space $5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom