What's new

Acquisitions 22nd March - 28th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, it wasn't something else I got, it's now my wife's fault. In another post I showed a few things I picked up today. As I was showing my wife she said she got me something that might look good with what I just bought.
Wow,, she's encouraging me! As if I need help finding stuff.
So while she was out shopping she spotted this Marble bowl with a lid. She thought it would make a nice lathering bowl in that it's heavy and would retain heat. Sure enough it does. Right after dinner I had to hit the shower , let it warm up in the sink and off I went. Used a Sheraton which I haven't used before. All the specifics of what I used is posted in the Newbie thread as well as a few other pics.
Neat bowl I think,,, and it set her back all of $5.99. Cool.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Wow . . . I like those pics. The message I take from this is there is still quite a bit of stuff out there that is affordable.

Where in PA do you live because I am from PA as well and I want in on some of these sweet finds :lol:

Very nice by the way!

That is the first example I've ever seen of the OS Hull mug with shaving soap intact. That alone is worth the total of what you spent. Great score!

I'm in the Allentown /Bethlehem area. If you can't find one in your area let me know as my wife told me they had at least 4 or so left. I'd be happy to pick one up for you. Or, anyone else who might be interested.

I'm in the Allentown /Bethlehem area. If you can't find one in your area let me know as my wife told me they had at least 4 or so left. I'd be happy to pick one up for you. Or, anyone else who might be interested.

What?!?!?! I work in Bethlehem! Did you happen to go to that Antique show this past weekend at the Farmers Market in Allentown?

I was unaware that there are so many Antique stores in the area. I have been driving out of the area to look.

Say WHAT?? I LIVE in Bethlehem. Yes, I did go to that show,, did you? I'm guessing you didn't otherwise you'd be posting your scores as well. A few of the vendors have more stuff I wasn't able to get at the time, but I got their cards and locations so I'm going back for more. I'll let you know when and where after I check them out first to be sure it's worth it for you to visit them as well ( Hee,,heee) And several will be back for another show "out' of the area and promised to bring more of their collections of razors.

Drive OUT of the area,, I've been scoring IN the area.

Ha,, this is too funny. Nice to meet you Brian!

I also think the little sub titles or whatever they're called under my name are funny as well as they keep changing almost daily. Kudo's to whoever writes them!
Ya' make me chuckle!

Last edited:
I was at that exact show this past weekend, I didnt post anything since I have been too busy to take pics. I did see a couple items that I were nice but nothing like what you found :confused1 You probably got there 30 mins before I did and snagged all the great items...which is fair game but I did walk away with a nice brush and some blades again. Alot of stuff was over priced and just wasnt worth it to me.

This is quite funny that we both went to the same show haha! If you can pick me up one or just PM the place you found them at that would be awesome. Its a small world for sure.

Nice to meet you as well. :thumbup1:

Thank you Harry!

Brian,,you've got to be kidding me? I got there late Sat. and right near the door was a vendor from Conn. who had two Gillettes, a New, and a ball end. Not bad looking. She had more and promised to bring them to the next show "out of town" Ha.... Kutztown to be exact.
And another guy there who had tons of stuff. Got his card and I'm going to visit him to look over his stash in more detail.
The stuff I just posted in SCORE recently was all from that show, including the FOLDABRUSH... did you see it? For $35 bucks , I saw it. and the brass Kewtie, the Eversharp, the mint condition Autostrop from 1910 and some brass and silver plated razor boxes.
A place downtown where a friend called and said he saw they had ONE gold razor there,,, Sorry,, was just there and they USED to have 3,,he missed two,,again, I didn't, That's my Sheraton, the mint Schick repeater dated 5-1926 and a ball end tech. Blew ??? 25 bucks at that shop. He has two others I might be interested in though,,,just wish I knew more about straights....
And just today,, was out meeting a client, filling up the car,, and what do I see across the street? A hole in the wall junk shop. Got two Gems, really nice, ones a TTO, and the other is just a hinged top, and a handle and base ( missing the top, but he said he has it somewhere) so I took it all for $10.00.
I'm on a roll. But I think you're right, you should head out of town to look for stuff. Cause' I'm getting everything in town. Tomorrow I'll be at Cleo's for First Friday as a guest artist, and I'm supposed to meet someone who has a bunch (?) of old razors and brushes...If you're in the area, stop in. Craig Thatcher will be playing.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are getting everything. I didnt have much time on saturday to look around and ask questions so I probably missed alot of good stuff, but o well. There will be more.

I have been traveling farther out of town but now that you say your having great luck in town I may have to take a look around :lol:

I only spotted this on eBay last night and it only had one bid on it at a reasonably low amount. I thought about how much I was prepared to pay for it and remembered the pain of missing out on a double ring a while ago because I didn't bid as much as I should have to get it. I set up a bid snipper this morning incase I got stuck in a meeting or something like that and lo and behold, I won the auction. I don't know how rare they are but this is the only one I've seen apart from the couple of pictures on the Mr Razor site and they are in different cases. I think that for $162.50 I got an absolute bargain.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Really love this compact, classy looking razor. Got it off the dutch national auction site (Marktplaats), there seems to be few people here collecting and/or wet shaving with vintage gear, so I got it at € 5,- only (about $ 7).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I haven't shaved with it yet but it feels terrific holding it, there's quite a heft to the razor. I like that, but I have to say I just shaved with my all bakelite razor this morning and had a DFS, absolutely irritation free which is quite rare for me...here's a pic of the razor in question. It's incredibly mild.

proxy.php

Still very new to this, plunging in after having converted to proper wet shaving at the start of this year.
I'm trying to keep a lid on my RAD, as I have another passion that got quite out of hand (mechanical watches)...problem with AD is you keep shifting your needs!
I hope this will remain my only travel razor (at least for a while:biggrin1:).

So, anybody familiar with this brand? I haven't spotted it yet around B&B...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom