What's new

Thanks to our members in the Armed Forces

To all our members serving in the Armed Forces, and defending freedom:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pfBUUZNbFM[/youtube]

Last edited:
Thanks Gents. It is harder to leave my wife and kids than anything else. My dad just got back a couple of years ago and he says it is not that bad over there, mainly the separation is what gets you.

Josh

+1 Billion to my brothers and sisters in arms.

I'm a retired "mustang" naval officer. Don't forget the sacrifices the families also make.

Thanks Gents. It is harder to leave my wife and kids than anything else. My dad just got back a couple of years ago and he says it is not that bad over there, mainly the separation is what gets you.

Josh

Josh by your tone and post I figure this is your first deployment. If so take some advice from an old timer. Been back and forth over there over 8 times since '92. Take alot of pictures of your wife and kids with you, they help. Post them around your room, in your ruck, and places you can see them everyday. Write to her everyday. Even if you dont mail them everyday write and write often. Most places have email and such but there is nothing better than sending that mail out and she will appreciate the time and effort you put into it. My wife still has letters from all of my deployments and treasures them very much. As I said most places, other than a few FOB's have email and phone service. Thanks for you service, your sacrifice, and God speed.

Top Bottom