What's new

Singer Sewing Machine Co. Blades?

Just picked up a New Improved at the flea market for $15, and I felt I got a deal with the included blades. In amongst the random blades were "Singer" blades made by the "Singer Blade Co". Are these the same Singer folks who made the sewing machines? The blades are black w/yellow/gold writing on it, which is Singer colors. Anyone else ever see these?

I just got 3 of these blades and 4 Segals with a razor I picked up. Are the ones you have marked "ESKIMO SANITARY RAZOR BLADE" on one side and SINGER on the other? Two of the Singers are still in a plane wax paper type wrapper. Have you tryed them?

hi

in the Krumholz book, it is listed as a ny city firm - not the sewing machine people. Brands were Singer, New Process and Honor.

I just got 3 of these blades and 4 Segals with a razor I picked up. Are the ones you have marked "ESKIMO SANITARY RAZOR BLADE" on one side and SINGER on the other? Two of the Singers are still in a plane wax paper type wrapper. Have you tryed them?

No, I didn't try them. As you can tell from the picts above, they were a little rusty, most of which I managed to get off so I could take those pictures. I just relooked at the pictures, and nothing about Eskimo was written there.

I looked at my blades again. One side has: "ESKIMO SANITARY BLADE PERFECT EDGE", the other side has: "FINE QUALITY RAZOR BLADES SINGER BLADE CO. NEW N.Y., CHICAGO, ILI.

I'll have to borrow a camera and get a picture up. I found these on line:

Top Bottom