What's new

Stropping

So I've learned from other threads that stropping a blade might stop skin irritation or ingrowns. Are there any stropping machines or devices I can buy?? :huh:

So I've learned from other threads that stropping a blade might stop skin irritation or ingrowns. Are there any stropping machines or devices I can buy?? :huh:

Are you trying to strop a straight razor or DE blade? If you're using a straight, stropping is pretty much a required practice. You don't have to strop a DE blade, since they are usually tossed after 3-5 shaves. However, there are a lot of folks around here that strop their DE blades.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
are you trying to strop a straight razor or de blade? If you're using a straight, stropping is pretty much a required practice. You don't have to strop a de blade, since they are usually tossed after 3-5 shaves. However, there are a lot of folks around here that strop their de blades.

+1

Are you trying to strop a straight razor or DE blade? If you're using a straight, stropping is pretty much a required practice. You don't have to strop a DE blade, since they are usually tossed after 3-5 shaves. However, there are a lot of folks around here that strop their DE blades.

I was talking about DE blades, I noticed some people posted that they did that and it helped reduce their ingrown hair that's why. I saw a video on youtube with some stropping device. I was curious to know if there was a store that sold any...

I was talking about DE blades, I noticed some people posted that they did that and it helped reduce their ingrown hair that's why. I saw a video on youtube with some stropping device. I was curious to know if there was a store that sold any...

I don't know about any devices still made. I know a lot of guys hand strop though.

Top Bottom