Thread: Where do you get Menthol Crystals?

Unhappy Where do you get Menthol Crystals?

I've searched darn nearly every pharmacy (Walgreens,CVS Rite-Aid, even the Stater Bros. pharmacies) in town and no luck. Every time I ask for Menthol Crystals I get uhmm..blank stares like I am asking for something belonging in another dimension.
    Beat Cop with a Paddle Strop

Can get half a pound of the stuff from Amazon for about $25, shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Menthol-Crysta.../dp/B000UY874W

I'm curious - what do you need menthol crystals for, if you don't mind me asking?

-ice
    Ankur

You can get them at Mountain Rose Herbs if you go this route try their French Green Clay it is really awesome.
    http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/sea...nthol+Crystals

You can also get them on ebay believe it or not.
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Just a heads up when you do get some the measurement to use is between 5%-10% menthol crystals. I used about 10% and it is ALMOST too much plus if its not strong enough its easy to add more. If your adding it to AB/AS it will dissolve without heat if not just put the crystals in the bottle and put it in a sink full on hot water this is enough to dissolve the crystals. Oh yeah they did make the AS I used a milky color if that matters to you not so much for me. A tblspoon is about 15ml crushed, a ml is roughly a gram, there are 28 grams in an oz. I put less than a full tblspoon in a 125ml bottle and like I said its close to makin me cry when I use it but damn it feels good.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching. Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by funkadelyk View Post
    You can get them at Mountain Rose Herbs if you go this route try their French Green Clay it is really awesome.
    http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/sea...nthol+Crystals

You can also get them on ebay believe it or not.
    http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Just a heads up when you do get some the measurement to use is between 5%-10% menthol crystals. I used about 10% and it is ALMOST too much plus if its not strong enough its easy to add more. If your adding it to AB/AS it will dissolve without heat if not just put the crystals in the bottle and put it in a sink full on hot water this is enough to dissolve the crystals. Oh yeah they did make the AS I used a milky color if that matters to you not so much for me. A tblspoon is about 15ml crushed, a ml is roughly a gram, there are 28 grams in an oz. I put less than a full tblspoon in a 125ml bottle and like I said its close to makin me cry when I use it but damn it feels good.
    I think I'm gonna get the menthol there. thanks!
    Beat Cop with a Paddle Strop

I got some from a local pharmacy in the UK. Had to try a couple first though.

Its also best to ask for "Menthol Crystals" rather than than "Crystal menthol" though otherwise you get a VERY funny reaction

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Its also best to ask for "Menthol Crystals" rather than than "Crystal menthol" though otherwise you get a VERY funny reaction
    I see what you did there, very funny

In other news, I see you're from Reading! what's the chances of that on a primarily USA forum?
    Razors: Merkur 38C (HD Barber Pole), '53 Gillette Super Speed, '61 Alu Handle Tech, Flare-Tip Super Speed, Flare-Tip Rocket, Heljestrand No. 24, Rolls Razor "Viscount"
    Brush: Edwin Jagger pure badger
    Creams: Body Shop Maca Root, TOBS lemon and lime, T&H 1805
    Soaps: D R Harris Arlington, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Palmolive Classic, C&E Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by Snood View Post
    I see what you did there, very funny

In other news, I see you're from Reading! what's the chances of that on a primarily USA forum?
    I'm in Basingstoke :)

nice..... although I find basingstoke to be just a dull place as Reading
    Razors: Merkur 38C (HD Barber Pole), '53 Gillette Super Speed, '61 Alu Handle Tech, Flare-Tip Super Speed, Flare-Tip Rocket, Heljestrand No. 24, Rolls Razor "Viscount"
    Brush: Edwin Jagger pure badger
    Creams: Body Shop Maca Root, TOBS lemon and lime, T&H 1805
    Soaps: D R Harris Arlington, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Palmolive Classic, C&E Sienna