What's new

Update on our friend Leonard

If you recall my post on the pif from the good folks of B&B:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138558

I have an update.

Leonard called me last night. He was very excited, on the verge of being giddy. He wanted to thank everyone again for the fabulous gift. Talked extensively about how good the brush felt on his face and what a great shave he had with the razor and blades.

Not understanding why everyone isn't still using DE shavers and brush and soap and why everyone uses the disposables, I retorted:

"Leonard it's marketing! Marketing is defined as the ability to convince someone that you can't live without something you don't really need."

"What?"

"Don't worry about it Leonard, I'll explain it later when we have more time."

I then told him that another friend by the name of Mike is sending him more blades. (Thank you ateace)

Leonard responded, "I've never had people treat me so nice before! ...and they don't even know me. I don't know how I'll ever thank them enough."

"Leonard, when you talk to the "Big Guy" upstairs, you might want to put in a good word for them. That would be nice. And, besides, someday you might be put in a position where you are able to help someone else. You'll know what to do."

He made me promise to tell everyone how appreciative he is and what a wonderful time he is having shaving. Every time he shaves he is reminded of his dad. I think the members of B&B have given a little pride to a man who really needed it.

Thanks everyone.

I have really been moved by this story. I especially like the part about shaving reminding Leonard of his father. Such a basic and important connection.

My experience with B&B keeps getting better and better. You gentlemen
are inspiring, motivating and display the best qualities of humanity and brotherhood. I am truly blessed to be associated with each of you.

This awesome story, including the original thread, is a great reminder that what may seem to be a very small act of kindness to the person who does it, can be seen as an unbelievably large act of kindness to the person who receives it.

Congratulations to all involved, for your simple, but incredible act of kindness.

This would be a good time for those who are interested to read a similar story, and one of my favorites, in the Bible in Matthew chapter 25, verses 31 through 46.

Prayers are answered and blessings flow as a result of the simplest acts. God blesses everyone involved when someone in need is helped. Leonard's story is uplifting to us all, and he will certainly be remembered in my prayers.

Thanks for the update! It's great to know that his shave was as good as mine was this morning!!

Leonard responded, "I've never had people treat me so nice before! ...and they don't even know me. I don't know how I'll ever thank them enough.

Surely, this whole story illustrates the very essence of B&B! :001_smile

Multiple x :thumbup: for the PIF of the year!!

Fantastic! Thanks to everyone invovled! I've also been the indirect recipient of so much information and help from these boards, and my personal belief, based on my own experience, is that a good, quality shave does more for a man's self esteem than he knows and can really shape his day and his relationships!! Go B&B for leading our brother Leonard down the narrow path!! It's great that the generosity extends from the ether into the real world! The generosity here makes me proud to be a member!

Every time I start to get disgusted with the preening elitism and often self-congratulatory, superficial nature of this place something like this happens and reminds us all of the powerful potential for good that lurks beneath the surface.

We should all thank Leonard for reminding us of what is really important.

Thanks for sharing this great story. It will surely be remembered for a long time. Please keep us up to date on the Leonard saga. Everyone needs some goods news from time to time. Especially in an age of so much apathy and struggle. Thanks again flylot!

If you recall my post on the pif from the good folks of B&B:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138558

I have an update.

Leonard called me last night. He was very excited, on the verge of being giddy. He wanted to thank everyone again for the fabulous gift. Talked extensively about how good the brush felt on his face and what a great shave he had with the razor and blades.

Not understanding why everyone isn't still using DE shavers and brush and soap and why everyone uses the disposables, I retorted:

"Leonard it's marketing! Marketing is defined as the ability to convince someone that you can't live without something you don't really need."

"What?"

"Don't worry about it Leonard, I'll explain it later when we have more time."

I then told him that another friend by the name of Mike is sending him more blades. (Thank you ateace)

Leonard responded, "I've never had people treat me so nice before! ...and they don't even know me. I don't know how I'll ever thank them enough."

"Leonard, when you talk to the "Big Guy" upstairs, you might want to put in a good word for them. That would be nice. And, besides, someday you might be put in a position where you are able to help someone else. You'll know what to do."

He made me promise to tell everyone how appreciative he is and what a wonderful time he is having shaving. Every time he shaves he is reminded of his dad. I think the members of B&B have given a little pride to a man who really needed it.

Thanks everyone.

Nicely done.

May God bless all of you.

This story is wonderful. I, like others here, think it reminds us of the value of what may seem to be a small kindness. Something commonly lost in today's world. I hope you keep us updated on Leonard. He'll be in my thoughts. You, too.

Top Bottom