What's new

Anybody buy IP blades from encure.com?

I'm at my wits end!

I ordered 100 Israeli Super+ blades from encure.com which is the same person as the ebay seller "dssokhey" (although the price from encure is double that of his ebay price, I didn't know they were the same person at the time), anyway, I ordered these on January 24th. On Jan 24th I got a PayPal payment confirmation email. On January 25th I got a PayPal shipping confirmation with a tracking number (that didn't work) and it said it should arrive in 2-5 days.

Well, it's February 7th and still no razor blades (it's been 12 postal delivery days and 14 complete days). Not only that but I can't get anyone to respond to email inquiries. I've emailed PayPal twice and I've emailed Dayal Sokhey 4 times, including using the "ask seller a question" option on his ebay auction.

Has anyone ever used this seller? He has a perfect rating on ebay so I doubt he's trying to screw me over for $25, but if the package is lost in the mail I would like to know and see if another could be sent out.

Anyone living on Long Island want to drive over to his house in West Babylon and ask him to call me? It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive for me but don't think that it hasn't crossed my mind more than three times. I just don't know what to do. It's not like there's a bunch of places to buy these blades and if he's got a good product I'll buy more.

Suggestions?

p.s. He also sells Derby's but the shipping for 100 Derby's is $2.50 and the shipping for 100 IP's is $7.50, are the IP's that much heavier?:confused1

Are the billing and shipping addresses different? I ordered some Derby's from derby-exclusive a while ago and they were shipped to my billing address (where my card was registered to) instead of the address I listed.

I have bought from this seller in the past with no problems. He also responded to emails. I hope you received your IP's soon.

Raf

Nope, same address. But I would HOPE if there was a problem someone would let me know. Instead, nobody will even return my emails.

It's strange because my bank shows it was paid, PayPal says it was paid, he used PayPal shipping which says it was shipped, but it never came.

I placed 6 different orders last week at different places around the USA and all of them got here. Of course none were delivered by US Mail. I don't understand how people can STILL use that crap. I mailed all of my Christmas packages this year FedEx ground and it was 1/3 the price of the Post Office regular mail and included tracking and insurance (I know, the FedEx Kinkos is next door to the Post Office so I checked both places and FedEx was MUCH cheaper and faster).

Gee, whadaya expect from gov'ment? Service? Price? Forgetaboutit!! Hang around for universal health care run like the Post Office?

There is an explaination, although we don't know what it may be, and I'm sure the blades will show soon or you will hear something.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
You are aware that you can obtain his phone number of record since you have a valid trasaction with this seller. eBay will email it to you with a few simple clicks. Now if it is a current phone number will be your biggest challenge to overcome. I've had to use this method on a few occassions. 90% of the time the people are glad you called and things work out. 5% of the time its a disconnected number. You don't want to know about the other 5%.

I've ordered the IPs from this seller on ebay and had no problems. Now as shipping goes, they were sent first class. The package of IPs is definitely smaller/lighter than the Derbys. I'd the shipping cost is inflated a bit since the cost of IPs might be higher. That, and eBay does not charge seller's fees on shipping.

Antique Hoosier - now you've got me curious about that other 5% :001_smile :ohmy:

I actually do have his address and phone number (have my own clever means of getting it) but tonight is the first time the answering machine actually said their "name". I called last night and again this morning and the recording was one of those generic "no one's available to take your call" messages which I didn't feel comfortable leaving my number on. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

My biggest problem is that now I WANT TO SHAVE! I have some American Personnas and maybe 2 old Gillettes and ONE Merkur with 4 shaves on it. I'm also trying to get some of my friends into wet-shaving and I want to give them a razor and some blades to try out to get them hooked. Maybe I should go ahead and order the bulk 10,500 blade pack so I don't ever have to worry about this again.:ohmy:

While you're waiting for your IPs to arrive, why not get some Derby blades here? You'll probably get them quick as it appears the seller is in NJ. If you haven't tried Derby blades yet, you probably will not be disappointed - see the reviews section, a lot of people like them.

I was actually considering that. I've read, in more than a few places, that the Derby's aren't very good but still, some people say that they are (the jury's still out though). At the same time MOST people agree that the IP's are really quite decent. I will probably buy the Derby's to see for myself (especially since they're running the special deal for us) and might as well get some Feathers as well. Speaking of deals for B&B folks, I think I'll order a few Merkur Progress razors from Lees Razors while I'm at it. I've been quite impressed with it's performance so far (not impressed with the finish quality though).

Although I'm closer to NY than NJ, I would think anything would be faster than 2+ week delivery.

I bought 100 IPs from him via EvilBay and they arriverd within a week and I'm in the UK. I reckon there must be some shipping glitch, though I'm surprised he's not answered emails as I think he's one of the good guys.

Also, having tried Derbys and IPs, my vote goes to the IPs, sorry Derby lovers - different faces, different blades!

Gareth

I bought 100 IPs from him via EvilBay and they arriverd within a week and I'm in the UK. I reckon there must be some shipping glitch, though I'm surprised he's not answered emails as I think he's one of the good guys.

Also, having tried Derbys and IPs, my vote goes to the IPs, sorry Derby lovers - different faces, different blades!

Gareth

I had never bought anything from ebay when I ordered these and I figured it would be easier, safer and faster to order it from "a real website" (and I saw encure.com recommended on Shaveblog.com). Turns out, it's the same guy.
With such a perfect ranking, I figured it was a shipping problem. Only thing I can figure now is that his email must be down.
I spoke to his wife (I'm assuming) this morning and she is going to have him call me. She seemed very nice.
I had to break down and shave last night with my Slim holding an American Personna and hand slathered Cremo-Creme. It wasn't the end of the world, but it wasn't as good as it gets either.

He called just as I posted the last reply and he's a very nice guy.

He offered to refund me the money or reship it out. I obviously choose reship (however I should have gotten the refund and bought them from him on ebay where they're cheaper :rolleyes: )

As far as not replying to my emails. The only one he got was yesterday from my contact through ebay, and he just hadn't gotten back to me yet.
So, maybe next week.

Maybe I should go ahead and order the bulk 10,500 blade pack so I don't ever have to worry about this again.:ohmy:

:scared: that's about 150-200 years' worth of blades. Exactly how long are you planning to live?! What is the secret to eternal youth?!:biggrin:

What is the secret to eternal youth?!:biggrin:

A Wet-Shave every day!

Really though, I have my brother, my father and at least 3 friends that I am trying to bring into the DE clan so I wanted to give them all some blades and maybe a razor to try it out.

...but, I also have another secret plan as well.

Glad you seem to have it sorted now. I'd have no qualms about buying more blades from that seller except have enough blades for several years already!

Worth the wait, until you discover the Feathers...

Gareth

Top Bottom