What's new

Pinaud Clubman

All this talk of Clubman as of late is tempting me to go buy some! I'm only 18 but do you think wearing Clubman will help me attract the ladies? :tongue_sm

It should...a great scent, not offensive and choke-inducing like the Axe and other crap the kids use, you'll be a man amongst boys and really stand out to the young ladies. Try it out.

You might even attract some teachers...I heard that goes on in schools these days...man, where was that when I was in school? :laugh: :thumbup:

Got mine at Walgreens for $4.99. Picked up the hair gel too, just to give it shot. It works very well, better than expected. I was expecting SWMBO to hate it, but nope, I'm good to go!

I have been using Clubman for about 10 years now. I use the talc also.
Russell at Floyd's City Barber Shop in Mt. Airy, NC got me started on it, been using it ever since. Thanks, Russell.

Used it this morning actually!!

proxy.php

B

bluefoxicy

the bottle smells like witch hazel to me... kind of greasy. I prefer bay rums. I have this

proxy.php

I'm not sure if this is similar or more of a spiced bay rum...

proxy.php

However, I have my eyes on THIS:

proxy.php

B

bluefoxicy

You might even attract some teachers...I heard that goes on in schools these days...man, where was that when I was in school? :laugh: :thumbup:

You weren't paying attention, obviously. I've heard the stories from my 40 year old coworkers; they're unsurprised by that stuff today, it happened in their day and the administration knew and just brushed it aside because it's largely unimportant.

Of course, I wasn't so lucky. But it did happen, just not to me.

As for the 18 year old "attracting the ladies," I advise you to have some respect. Oh, take your shot, no arguments there. But don't be threatening and don't be (too) crude (pay attention, there's a limit and it varies; just don't make them uncomfortable and you're good). If she's not going for it, then back off, at least enough for her comfort.

I see too many guys when I'm out just pestering the sh*t out of girls, saying horrible things, and treating them like commodity garbage; then they go home with one of them, somehow, and later you hear them talking about them like they're just toys and generally worthless. This is unacceptable behavior, and a large contributing factor to me having ... like... 2 guy friends? Most guys I meet aren't worth my time, or anyone else's for that matter, especially that of the girls (drunkenly) going home with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You weren't paying attention, obviously. I've heard the stories from my 40 year old coworkers; they're unsurprised by that stuff today, it happened in their day and the administration knew and just brushed it aside because it's largely unimportant.

Of course, I wasn't so lucky. But it did happen, just not to me.

As for the 18 year old "attracting the ladies," I advise you to have some respect. Oh, take your shot, no arguments there. But don't be threatening and don't be (too) crude (pay attention, there's a limit and it varies; just don't make them uncomfortable and you're good). If she's not going for it, then back off, at least enough for her comfort.

I see too many guys when I'm out just pestering the sh*t out of girls, saying horrible things, and treating them like commodity garbage; then they go home with one of them, somehow, and later you hear them talking about them like they're just toys and generally worthless. This is unacceptable behavior, and a large contributing factor to me having ... like... 2 guy friends? Most guys I meet aren't worth my time, or anyone else's for that matter, especially that of the girls (drunkenly) going home with them.

I appreciate the advice (what you posted here and the PM you sent :thumbup1:), but I just want to remind everyone again that I was speaking in a joking tone. Clubman gets a lot of comments about smelling like an old man so I figured I'd add a touch of my own humor to the mix.

My wife hated the clubman. then again, she also hates Old Spice. I bought some Pinaud Bay Rum, Speical reserve, and original. None of which she enjoyed, in the least.

B

bluefoxicy

I appreciate the advice (what you posted here and the PM you sent :thumbup1:), but I just want to remind everyone again that I was speaking in a joking tone..

Ahh, my fault for misunderstanding.

I think I have Buddha Syndrome. Buddha stayed in his mom's basement for 27 years and then reached enlightenment; his whole thing was, essentially, being the world authority on not being a dick. With no social life to speak of, finally going to a bar at 24 for the first time, I found life outside my own crude, perverted little world...appalling. Everyone I meet treats everyone else like crap, and the fantasy world shown on TV is comparatively full of chivalry. I've met a few people that actually account for every single person they meet being a fellow person, but very few.

I am sometimes less-than-amused when I miss the sarcasm, and maybe too quick to give gentle advice that may not be needed, you know, "just in case."

Also, the bay rum is awesome.

Ahh, my fault for misunderstanding.

I think I have Buddha Syndrome. Buddha stayed in his mom's basement for 27 years and then reached enlightenment; his whole thing was, essentially, being the world authority on not being a dick. With no social life to speak of, finally going to a bar at 24 for the first time, I found life outside my own crude, perverted little world...appalling. Everyone I meet treats everyone else like crap, and the fantasy world shown on TV is comparatively full of chivalry. I've met a few people that actually account for every single person they meet being a fellow person, but very few.

I am sometimes less-than-amused when I miss the sarcasm, and maybe too quick to give gentle advice that may not be needed, you know, "just in case."

Also, the bay rum is awesome.

No worries, my friend. I didn't take anything you said as expressing negativity toward me. I, too, try my best to treat everyone with an equal amount of respect and kindness. Thanks again for the advice. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom