What's new

Hair Tonics

I been using Pashana a enjoy it wanted to try something different anybody have any recommendations. looking for that as a little more on the conditioning side.

Trumpers and T&H have some nice dressings.

Austin:

I also have been looking for some other hair type grooms. I have heard that Trumpers and T&H have some really good tonics.
Anything you have used and recommend?
I have been searching for something that gives and keeps a sort of "wet" look for most of the day.
I find very few products give that look anymore unless it is filled with petrolium or very hard wax and that is really tough to wash out.

What might the forum recommend...

Thanks

Austin:

I also have been looking for some other hair type grooms. I have heard that Trumpers and T&H have some really good tonics.
Anything you have used and recommend?
I have been searching for something that gives and keeps a sort of "wet" look for most of the day.
I find very few products give that look anymore unless it is filled with petrolium or very hard wax and that is really tough to wash out.

What might the forum recommend...

Thanks

Suave Groom & Clean is water based. I wore it yesterday....well, and also today now that I think about it.....and it kept the wet look all day, even with the dry furnace air around here.

I'll second the Suave Groom & Clean. I use it on my clients all the time with the results you desire. It has a slick feel but doesn't wash down like some of the oil based products. It also has a very clean masculine scent that most, women included, seem to love. You can find it at Wal-Mart next to the Breelcream.

The Beauty Factory has some nice (value) products.

I have the Booster Lanolin and Oliveon. Both are nice products and worth checking out.

I've never really used 'hair tonics' or 'dressings' but figure these are similar products.

Go ahead and get a tub of Fraser's Cream and some Polar Ice while you are at it!:wink:

I used to be a brylcreem man, but now I'm addicted to the Pinaud Clubman "greaseless" tonic. It conditions and controls my hair very nicely -- I rub it in after toweling my hair dry from the shower, and comb. It dries quickly and leaves my hair very manageable. It has the same, but lighter, scent as the Clubman aftershave.

Pinaud makes a number of hair tonics, and while the others have great scents (especially the Eau di Quinine), they don't control as well as the Clubman "greaseless".

You can get it from drugstore.com.

Top Bottom