What's new

Sterilize used brush

I have recently found an old brush in an antique store, I was wondering if anyone else has tried to sterilize one without destroying it. Boiling doesn't kill everything, and I wouldn't want to use bleach.

Don't boil her. Soak in a cup of water with a t spoon of 20 mule team borax to clean the brush. It she badger or bristle?

Personally, I draw the line with used stuff with brushes. I won't use a used brush no matter how it can be cleaned. I guess you can use borax but you never know what bacteria is lurking in the brush and I can't think of any soap gentle enough which will guarantee killing everything and not harm the brush. I don't know what the commercial makers use but they probably do the sterilizing before the fur is processed.

You might want to just stay inside. its safer there... :rolleyes:
Seriously, if you get a life threatening disease, it ain't going to be from a used brush! No need for overkill or paranoia, just wash it well, use some borax and enjoy! Can any biology people chime in and add some reasurance?

All brushes are used.

It's just that wildlife experts have yet to witness badgers and boars rolling about in naturally occuring ponds of shaving cream.

Top Bottom