What's new

Soap Opera, Madison, WI (house glycerine soap)

Whoa. I bought the greenish opaque "Olive Oil" glycerine shave soap. WOW.

It's like $3.95. It smells JUST like Pre De Provence. It lathers about as easily as a MB or HBS. It makes me face soft and moisturized.

I wish I would have grabbed more.

Here's a link, but they don't list the "olive oil" scent/variety.

http://www.thesoapopera.com/cgi-bin/scart.cgi/TSO-HMS-100.php3?scartid=6180513

proxy.php

EDIT: BTW, they have TONS of shave stuff. I bought my Musgo there.

C&E - the whole line
L'Occitane - the whole line
Proraso/omega - cream and soap
Kiss My Face
etc. plenty of brushes and gear.

Did you see it the Olive Oil version in the store? Did you notice anything else there that is not on the website? I will be in Madison soon. I have used their Himalaya soap before (very good) as well as their house brand After Shave Balm, and am planning to try a couple more of their offerings.

Did you see it the Olive Oil version in the store? Did you notice anything else there that is not on the website? I will be in Madison soon. I have used their Himalaya soap before (very good) as well as their house brand After Shave Balm, and am planning to try a couple more of their offerings.

They have C&E Tube Keys!!!:w00t::w00t:

I would like to pass on this advice to all who may want to purchase some of these wonderful soaps from the soap opera. I use these glycerin soaps, not for shaving, but for regular bathing. I love them. If you would like to save a buck or two purchase there square soaps and not the round shaving soaps for shaving. You get more with the bar soaps and you can melt them down into any shaving mug/container you want to. I asked the staff if there was any difference with the soaps and was assured there was none. So hopes this helps. I really like the Sandlewood myself.

Last edited:
I have the green aloe soap and melted it into a shave stick. The soap is very good. Lathers up thick with no effort. Less than an hour away which is always nice.

used the sandalwood this morning. WOW. This is a rich lather. I know I'm just in the honeymoon phase, but I've tried a lot of shaving products in four years. This is one of the most satisfying soaps I've ever used.

I would like to pass on this advice to all who may want to purchase some of these wonderful soaps from the soap opera. I use these glycerin soaps, not for shaving, but for regular bathing. I love them. If you would like to save a buck or two purchase there square soaps and not the round shaving soaps for shaving. You get more with the bar soaps and you can melt them down into any shaving mug/container you want to. I asked the staff if there was any difference with the soaps and was assured there was none. So hopes this helps. I really like the Sandlewood myself.

My pal brought me some:

Lavender
Lilac
Green Tea
Blackberry Sage

I am convinced. The regular glycerin soap IS the same as the shave soap. It's wonderful, and some of them stay as clear as glass even after you melt them.

I used the Lilac today. It was wonderful!:thumbup1:

SOoM is pretty much at the top of the heap for what works for me. Cheap too.
:thumbup::thumbup:
Yeah!!!

White Tea
Tea Rose
Lemongrass Ginger with walnut
blush peony
pikaki
egyptian musk
china musk
plumeria
gardenia

I already have and LOVE:

green tea
lavender
blackberry sage
sandalwood
olive oil
patchouli
lilac

+1

Just checked out their store online and gave them a call. Customer service kicks ***. The guy that answered the phone was super friendly, informed me that

"All of our house glycerin soaps are the same as our house shaving soaps, except for the shape. As a matter of fact, you can simply melt them down in the microwave, and, once they're liquid, pour them into any mug or container you wish."

Extremely friendly and courteous. I'm going to place an order simply because of this interaction (god knows I don't need more soap...). Even if I don't care for the soap, I'll support outstanding service, though I've heard the soap is excellent.

I have only one scent - Himalaya with Shea Butter and Soy, gifted to me by a fine member - but it has quickly become one of my favorite soaps and performs EVERY bit as good as any premium soap I have. Like others have mentioned, it is very moisturizing and easily produces great, creamy lather in no time. For $4 a puck, you really cannot go wrong! :thumbup1:

The Himalaya was gifted to ME as well, (by a different wonderful member). It is just incredibly great stuff. When you buy a bunch, you get a bit of a discount too. Enjoy!

To all of those who are interested in their products I was just in yesterday and they now produce a custom-scented shave cream!

Hiya,

About two years ago a very nice forum member sent me some of the Himalaya to sample. I've ordered it numerous times since then, and it's a part of my regular rotation of maybe 8-10 soaps/creams.

As others have mentioned, this stuff performs extremely well.......much better than the price would suggest. I was pleasantly surprised when first trying this soap, since I'm naturally a little gunshy when trying a new soap or cream.

Oh, I also have to mention really enjoying the fragrance of this soap. Yeah, this scent is one that grabbed me immediately. Supposed to be some sorta woody mix, but there's more going on in there.

Three good sized pucks for $12 run me about $21 after shipping charges (yeah, shipping is a little expensive). Still it's not a bad deal really, and it's gonna last a long while. Seven bucks per puck delivered certainly isn't out of line, and actually makes this a bargain.

Martin

Oh yeah, the customer service really is very good. Matter of fact, I need to order more pucks......sheesh. It never does end.

Before placing my massive order, I have one final question to all of those who've tried it:

How do the scents compare to other glycerin soaps, specifically Mama Bear's? I know hers smell fantastic, are the Soap Opera ones just as vibrant?

Before placing my massive order, I have one final question to all of those who've tried it:

How do the scents compare to other glycerin soaps, specifically Mama Bear's? I know hers smell fantastic, are the Soap Opera ones just as vibrant?

yes, and I haven't run into any allergic reactions with the Soap Opera either:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I used the Blush Peony today.

It smelled JUST like the Lucky You Eau de Toilette for Women.

Unbelievable. It's perfect.

Top Bottom