What's new

Discussion Thread for Evan Williams 1783

I picked up a bottle of this based on your review, and I must totally agree with you! It is indeed very smooth. Compared to the black label (I believe aged 7 yrs) and certainly the green label (aged 4 years?) this one is far superior. Very smooth, without the aftertaste left on the roof of my mouth that the black label leaves. Certainly a great sipper. I found a bottle at the liquor store down the street from me for 15 dollars...which while being more expensive than the 10 dollars you found it for, is still so incredibly affordable.

Thanks for the tip!

You're very welcome, I find it's a great value, and at $15 it's still cheaper than Jack Daniels and IMO 10x better.

around here we refer to evan williams black label as evil williams.lol.may have to try the 1783 sounds interesting from your review.
p.s. i'm not a jack fan either.
p.p.s. jim beam,sauza tequila gold, decent vodka or castillo spiced rum are my usuals

I have never tried the 1783. I have the black bottle & a bottle of single barrel in the cabinet. I really enjoy the single barrel and like to keep the black around for when I just NEED a drink. I will have to give the 1783 a try though.

My everyday whiskey is Evan Williams Single Barrel, I love the stuff. It's not to expensive at about $25 a bottle. My favorite bourbon is Pappy Van Winkle 23, the 20 will do in a pinch. :biggrin:

Well Tim I finally got around to picking up a bottle of 1783 this past weekend. At $12.99 I find it to be a tremendous bargain. It will definitely make me think twice about paying double for the single barrel.

Well Tim I finally got around to picking up a bottle of 1783 this past weekend. At $12.99 I find it to be a tremendous bargain. It will definitely make me think twice about paying double for the single barrel.

Awesome, I'm glad you liked it! :thumbup1:

I can't seem to find this stuff around here...I am keeping my eye out.

I find that most places carry it, but don't emphasize it because of it's low cost. Ask the clerk, that's what I've had to do on most circumstances and they'll pull one out from the back.

I find that most places carry it, but don't emphasize it because of it's low cost. Ask the clerk, that's what I've had to do on most circumstances and they'll pull one out from the back.

Thanks for the tip Tim...I didn't know if maybe it was a regional thing. I'll start asking. I might just pick up a bottle of the single barrel though.

I'm having trouble finding the 1783 :mad: - Everywhere around me has the black label, but it sounds like that isn't the stuff...I'll keep looking though.

Tim

I've been to 6 liquor stores. None of them have the 1783. All they have is the 1783 Black Label. I asked in every store if they have any in the back or have even heard of it. They all look at me like I have 3 eyeballs.:thumbdown

Methinks tis' a myth, this 1783 stuff!!

Tim

I've been to 6 liquor stores. None of them have the 1783. All they have is the 1783 Black Label. I asked in every store if they have any in the back or have even heard of it. They all look at me like I have 3 eyeballs.:thumbdown

Methinks tis' a myth, this 1783 stuff!!

I haven't been able to find it locally either. However, it does exist. You can order it here if you would like.

Bob, I think with your next order you need to pick up a bottle of 1783, I think you'd really like it, a great smooth rye taste.

One local liquor store that used to carry it now only carries the black and green labels...I have one more that sells it, but they only offer the larger bottle. I think there may be something to the theory of liquor stores hiding it so they can sell the more expensive stuff...

Bob

Thanks for that link...I heard that you can't have liquor shipped if you live in Massachusetts unless you are a liquor store. I'll try and get my local store to get some.

Top Bottom