What's new

Discussion for Laphroaig 10 Review

This is a scotch you really have to be in the mood for. Excellent, I agree. However, the peaty-ness of it can be so strong that you can taste it on your pallate the next day. This is not always a good thing IMO.

Love it, it is one of my favorite Scotches...you can almost see the smoke curl up out of the bottle when ou open it. It has been a awhile since I have had a bottle, may have to get one soon.

Terry

IMO the cask strength version is somewhat smoother and mellower, which doesn't seem to make sense. My suspicion is that most of the peatiness in this whiskey comes from the water they use to cut it.

I completely agree with Tim's review and think that this is a great scotch. I also like the original cask strength version as well.

Jason

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
One of the other reviewers said he doesn't know any scotch lover who dislikes Laphroaig (or words to that effect). Well, my dad is exactly that ... loves scotch, would buy JW Black all the time if he could, loves my Macallan, but can't take those western island scotches: no Talisker, nor Lagavulin, and certainly no Laphroaig!! Oh well, to each his own.

We came across a bottle of scotch in the original box Thorne's 10 years old scotch. We are not sure if we should drink it or save it.... Thoughts:001_unsur?

One of the other reviewers said he doesn't know any scotch lover who dislikes Laphroaig (or words to that effect). Well, my dad is exactly that ... loves scotch, would buy JW Black all the time if he could, loves my Macallan, but can't take those western island scotches: no Talisker, nor Lagavulin, and certainly no Laphroaig!! Oh well, to each his own.
I'm a scotch lover and have been for years. Pretty much since I was old enough to drink (I'm 41 now). I can't stand Laphroaig. It's not the peat. It's the phenol smell. It smells like a room full of cadavers...blah.

I usually drink Irish whiskey but I do enjoy Macallan Scotch. I've always wondered how you say Laphroaig?? La-fro-IG?

...Ray

Top Bottom