What's new

Has anyone read the "Art of Shaving" book?

This book was my introduction to wet shaving, and for a long time I followed closely what it said, taking into account that they were most likely trying to promote their expensive products, so I found cheaper alternatives and basically just adhered to their techniques.

If anyone has read this book, what did they find helpful? Unnecessary? Just plain wrong? I've already ditched (or am working on ditching) the Mach3 and pre-shave oil, both of which they really recommend.

Are there any other books on shaving worth looking at that people know of?

I've read it and an planning to do a review of it. In a nutshell, there is nothing really wrong with the advice they give. You are on the right track by dumping the oil and the M3.

"Sharp Practice" by Anders Larsen is a good, fun read, but it won't "teach" you much more than you already are already learning here. I suggest continuing to read here, especially the more tutorial type threads. Trial and error with some educated starting points are going to get you the farthest when it comes to improving your technique and end results.

Art of Shaving was a fun and interesting book and a nice addition to your collection of shaving stuff.

But if you're looking to learn about shaving techniques and equipment, you won't do better than Leisureguy's blog and Mantic's videos on YouTube. Not to mention the amazing wealth of knowledge here on B&B! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom