What's new

Question for DE shavers about BBS

Do you mostly just go for an easy DFS (3 or rarely 4 pass) rather than BBS

• Yes, it's good enough and avoids burn

• No, I always try hard for BBS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi,

I think I am going to give up on regularly trying to get a BBS shave, first because it is more likely to cause burn and also maybe my expectation of BBS is too high.

Please vote on the poll

I voted yes in the poll. DFS is close enough that only I notice it's not BBS. That's fine with me.

I go for BBS and achieve it mostly on my cheeks with no irritation or razor burn. Just lots of lather before every pass.

Poll is flawed. I try for BBS every time but not to the point of irritation. I don't try HARD tho, more soft!!!!!:ohmy::lol::lol::lol:

+1 ........I never try hard for BBS, usually I can do it, but if my face feels irritated for some reason, I will settle for DFS or even just a one pass touch up as a way to let my face rest.

I go for BBS all the time but half way throught the second pass I can tell if I am going to get there that day. If not no big I either end at 2 passes or just continue on with an enjoyable time of a good enough three passer.

Been shaving for over 45 years so claiming a BBS shave is not important to me. I just want a nice comfortable shave so DFS or even CCS is perfect. I actually try to avoid BBS because I do not like the feel of my face after one.

Been shaving for over 45 years so claiming a BBS shave is not important to me. I just want a nice comfortable shave so DFS or even CCS is perfect. I actually try to avoid BBS because I do not like the feel of my face after one.

This says it to a T. I'll take the BBS if it comes along, but the DFS is great, and the CCS more than fits the bill. :thumbup1:

I go for a BBS when I can. In the past BBS comes with razor burns and irritations so I settle for CCS just to rest my face. But as my technique improved, more of my BBS attempts are coming out burn/irritation free. So if I have the time, why not!!

One thing to add: once I get a BBS, the next shave is almost just a touch-up.

Like some of the others here, DFS is normally fine. No one at work is going to notice the difference. I'f I'm taking SWMBO out (or planning on staying in :thumbup1:) then I'll take the extra time and care for a BBS.

spiffy

For me a DFS is good enough, However I am always going for the elusive BBS so I can continue to improve on my technique

Being a woman I go for BBS daily. I dont have the sensitive skin issue to worry about and legs take a lot more abuse than a face will.

My goal is always DFS but I typically get BBS more than DFS. So long as I get a shave quality that is acceptable for uniform and no irritation I'm happy. Call it DFS, BBS or just a great shave.

Top Bottom