What's new

Pork chops

Last night, I had been reading this forum and, for some reason, became inspired to cook pork chops for my family's dinner. I had some nice, thick, boneless loin chops from Costco.

I dried the chops with paper towels, sprinkled them with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, and browned them well in a hot cast iron skillet. Then I turned down the heat and covered them with a mixture of bread crumbs, garlic powder, and herbs de Provence. Next, I added a half can of chicken broth and about 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to the bottom of the skillet and put it into the oven at 380 degrees. After 25 minutes, I turned them over and roasted them for another 25 minutes.

I used the other half of the chicken broth to cook some Texas basmati rice. On a whim, I also added a healthy sprinkle of Montreal steak seasoning to the rice.

Who else likes pork chops?

Tim

I love pork chops. I use a marinate of current jelly and mustard mixed together. It's making me hungry for some right now.:001_tt1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Love pork chop! Since I found those Free-range pork chops... They don't taste the same.

I usually cook them on the BBQ and have them with apple sauce!

I love pork in general and love to cook it in an Asian style. Red-cooked pork is great and bbq pork chops with chilli and plum sauce is also delicious.

I adore good pork chops, I usually grind up some rosemary for mine and add homemade applesauce, I also love having an apple tree.

I split a whole pork loin roast and stuff it with prosciutto and provolone. Then into the smoker it goes.

Pork chops, or better yet, boneless pork ribs, cooked on the grill with a little Montreal Steak Seasoning, and served with a good red wine are hard to beat...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Love pork chop! Since I found those Free-range pork chops... They don't taste the same.

I usually cook them on the BBQ and have them with apple sauce!

Apple sauce and gewurztraminer! :thumbup1:

Mmmm Pork chops, I love pork chops.
I normally cook them in a slow cooker with apples, brown sugar, ginger and cornflour.

Put me down for a couple of 3 or 4! As I've said before, when it comes to pork, I'd eat the oink if they could figure out a way to sell it.:wink2:

marty

I don't want to take us too far off-track, but just imagine: lamb chops; rosemary; garlic; olive oil. Salivate.

Mmmmm, pork chops, lamb chops, chops chops.

Oh No..... there's lamb in a pork thread!

proxy.php

i do my pork chops in a fry pan, and make almost a crust on them with paprika, then just garlic mashed tatters, and apple sauce, and biscuits, and a huge glass or two of chocolate milk

I love em! I do them on the Big Green Egg with a variety of rubs. If you can get your hands on some Karabuta chops, you'll be in heaven.

Top Bottom