What's new

Valobra soft soap = pleasant surprise

I was looking to try something different as I only have a small amount of soaps and creams in my rotation. Then I remembered I had a sample of Almond Valobra from Bullgoose, I had tried it once before when I couldn't lather worth a damn.

So I gave it another try and was rewarded with lots of nice creamy lather and a DFS with my GEM Featherweight and a Pella blades with 5 shaves on it. My next soap purchase will be an Italian soft soap I just have to decide which one - Cella, Valobra or P160.

I was looking to try something different as I only have a small amount of soaps and creams in my rotation. Then I remembered I had a sample of Almond Valobra from Bullgoose, I had tried it once before when I couldn't lather worth a damn.

So I gave it another try and was rewarded with lots of nice creamy lather and a DFS with my GEM Featherweight and a Pella blades with 5 shaves on it. My next soap purchase will be an Italian soft soap I just have to decide which one - Cella, Valobra or P160.

I found Valobra very easy to lather and it provides a pleasant shave. I packed one of my Old Spice Mugs with Valobra and I'll reach for it if I'm in too big a hurry to dig through my soaps trying to decide what to use for the day.

If you haven't tried the tallow-based Valobra (only the sticks), I would recommend them. One of my pet peeves is that some of these fine soaps are only sold in sticks, so if you want a puck, you must make it yourself. I do have the Valobra soft products and enjoy them, too. I think you will also enjoy Cella....I haven't tried P160 yet.

The valobra soft almond soap was one of my first soaps and I used to love it until I started using tallow soaps and found that the soft soap was not very moisturizing. Of course YMMV.

I very recently started using Cella - only a couple of shaves:blush:. However, love the scent and the quality. I also ordered Valobra to do my own side-by-side test:blink:. Out of the box, the Valobra is a little ahead scent wise. Over the next week or so, I am going to switch between the Cella and the Valobra using the same razor (EJ 89L/Personna Reds). Not very scientific but a lotta fun. DE/wet shaving is great!!!!

And?

Valobra is great but I like P.160 a little better. The Valobra shave stick is even better, mill it into a container and you'll be rewarded.

I found Valobra very easy to lather and it provides a pleasant shave. I packed one of my Old Spice Mugs with Valobra and I'll reach for it if I'm in too big a hurry to dig through my soaps trying to decide what to use for the day.

During this month celebrating all things rose I've found the Valobra + ToBS Rose Cream makes for a very nice super lather.

Agreed; I have the Menthol soft-soap "bar", and find that it gives lots of thick creamy lather with a nice menthol kick. Along with Proraso, it's in my rotation. And it's inexpensive, the bar lasts forever!

Valobra menthol is on my short list to try ASAP.

I have tried Cella and P160 (the soft version not semi soft) both lathered exceptionally well with no effort but the smell is not my cup of tea.

I am hoping the menthol valobra has more of a menthol scent than almond. Can anyone confirm?

Well its only been 2+ years since I posted this and i finally got around to ordering some :biggrin1:, should be here in the next couple of days. I can't wait to try it with my omega boar that I never liked but is now becoming my favourite brush.

Stay tuned for a review.

The Valobra soft soaps are good but fall a little short of the performance of the tallow stick. Cella, P.160 and Vitos(all tallow) are on a higher level IMO.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Valobra soft soaps are good but fall a little short of the performance of the tallow stick. Cella, P.160 and Vitos(all tallow) are on a higher level IMO.

+1 And Valobra should make a puck version of his excellent tallow stick.

valobra and cella are two incredible product but with more differences:
1)the smell: the almond scent is different...in valobra we have a real almond and in cella butter-almond
2)the base ingredient: valobra non tallow and cella is tallow...so -->3)different kind of lather
Vitos and p.160 is tallow base but in the first is more present

valobra almond and the shave stick are in my regular routine - topped off with Floid -- real nice.

Top Bottom