• file cards alone

• Pocket PC

• Palm Pilot

• Blackberry

• Moleskine or similar

• Levenger pocket briefcase or similar

• I have an underling take my notes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've progressed from 3x5 cards held by a binder clip, to 4 generations of PDA (windows) to 2 generations of Blackberry. Now I'm tempted to go back to paper, while I can still remember how to write....

What's your mainline for business?

A notebook. I have a Moleskine clone but that gets used for personal notes. Insurance companies are very kind in that they provide notebook diaries which are perfect for note taking during meetings. Pity they're not that Fountain Pen friendly. Still, it works for me

Notebook or steno pad and pen, it's fast & easy and if you need to type then out later it helps you review them.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I use pads of canary paper. I keep related notes together with fold back clips. Important notes get clipped into file folders.

I don't find myself having to take notes much these days but when I do it's with my Lamy Safari in a little Moleskine pocket notebook. At work it's on a Rhodia notepad.

8.5" x 11" yellow legal pads. Typically with a Parker 51 filled with Noodler's Blue.

On rare occasion, I'll use the iPhone's notepad app, but only in a pinch.

I'll consider digital note taking when (or if) I ever get the flexibility to append small notes next to other points and can shuffle around as easily as I can with paper.

Todo's appointments and contacts in the iPhone, every thing else I just remember, or I have my intern write it down if I can't think of anything better for her to do, or I make voice recordings and have her transcribe them. I can't remember the last time I wrote any thing longer then a check.

Last edited:
All my appointments are in Outlook and in my Windows Mobile 6 phone.

But there just something about scribble notes and diagrams you can't do on an electronic device.

My Filofax ( week to 2 pages ) is used as a to do list ( and to collect miscellaneous paper and bits and bobs )

Last edited:
Used to use a palm pilot (or similar) but I find myself moving back towards writing things down. I blame this on fountain pens and my move towards more tailored clothing which causes my PDA/phone to be less handy at any given time (in my jacket versus my pants, jacket hung up across the room).

Top Bottom