What's new

Acquisitions 15th March - 21th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's a nice start to the week. I've just scored a nice silver Aristocrat off eBay UK (via a proxy bidder).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Having a look on the Mr Razor site, it looks to me like a 1948 #21. Hopefully it'll clean up nicely. The low UK pound has made buying razors there alot more affordable.

Yes indeed, a #21! Great shaver so I think you'll enjoy it.

Yesterday, I received a nice package from Ray at Gentlemen's Best:

GB "Chilled" AS
Musgo Real Classic AS (my first Musgo product - great stuff!)
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood AS

As usual, great service from Ray! :001_smile

That is a great pipe stand for straights. Good pick up.
I wonder if all the razor collectors are increasing the prices for old pipe stands on eBay?

That is a great pipe stand for straights. Good pick up.
I wonder if all the razor collectors are increasing the prices for old pipe stands on eBay?

This one certainly did!

I wanted this style rack with the open slots instead of holes so it would hold the larger blades. I really liked the felt lined drawer for holding the seventh blade.

I was not going to be outbid. Got it for $65 :scared:

Don't know if I was bidding against another str8 shaver or a deranged pipe smoker.

There are some pretty cool pipe stands on the 'bay. Search for "pipe rack" and "pipe stand" to be sure you see all listings.

This one certainly did!

I wanted this style rack with the open slots instead of holes so it would hold the larger blades. I really liked the felt lined drawer for holding the seventh blade.

Don't know if I was bidding against another str8 shaver or a deranged pipe smoker.

There are some pretty cool pipe stands on the 'bay. Search for "pipe rack" and "pipe stand" to be sure you see all listings.

Mine was the holes. I checked, and it will work for most, but not all. Oh well, I will just have to get another one. :001_rolle

This one certainly did!

There are indeed. I've already got a couple for my DE razors but I've never seen one like yours which is great for straights. The two that I bought, I paid more for postage than I did for the stands.

Got these last month and just now getting around to post. It's amazing the rationale one comes up with once bitten.

From left to right:

Vietnam: Kim Son Limited Red Brown marbled buffalo horn - Thanks Vu
UK via MD: Rooney Heritage Emillion in Coral - Thanks Jim at VB
France: Plisson Antic Brass in Euro White - Thanks Plisson
UK: Simpsons 90th Anniversary Ltd Edition- Thanks benjy85
Germany: Shavemac Traditional D01 Extra Silvertip - Thanks Bernd

I hope I'm cured . . .

proxy.php

Last edited:
Scored this immaculate D4 Fat Boy off the Bay. The paint is still in all of the numbers, and the mechanism works without a blip...

I know, lousy picture, but hey, I tried...

I picked this up off the bay earlier today.

proxy.php

I'll be interested to see how it compares to the Schick Adjustable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom