What's new

Hard water soap/cream?

I have hard water, too. That being said, I have had wonderful results with MWF, despite it's reputation for being hard to lather. Now, granted, I don't have mountains of pillowy-cotton-fluffy lather, but I have more than enough for a solid 4-pass shave, without fail.

I also have very water but have had no problems with the following.

Several Mama Bear offerings, Palmolive, Speick, MWF, Tabac, VDH, Arko, Prairie Creations, Col Conk Almond, PdP Green Tea, Proraso, and the C&E line.

Get a gallon jug of distilled water (~$0.99 US) at most any chemist/drug store/grocery to soak your brush, soak your towel, wet your face and any soap or cream will be your best choice at that point. :001_smile

+1 on the Speik. I also like to use purified water heated to steaming hot on the stove. I have a ten-stage filter. I will heat about 6 cups and pour into my bathroom sink to use for shaving and hot towels. Never have a problem with great lather from the Speik even when using heated tap water. Here in Illinois, the water is real hard. Good luck.

I also have very hard water but have had no problems with the following.

Several Mama Bear offerings, Palmolive, Speick, MWF, Tabac, VDH, Arko, Prairie Creations, Col Conk Almond, PdP Green Tea, Proraso, and the C&E line.

+1 on the above, I would also add TBS macca root cream.

All soaps/creams should work with hard water. The trick is to use more. That's all.

The water that we have in Calgary comes to us directly from the mountains. It is among the hardest water I have ever encountered.

All soaps/creams should work with hard water. The trick is to use more. That's all.

The water that we have in Calgary comes to us directly from the mountains. It is among the hardest water I have ever encountered.

+1 from Chicago . . . try adding glycerin (i.e., uberlather), its amazing!

Top Bottom