What's new

A flavour for every month!! ... join the B&B theme-of-the-month club!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Okay guys, time for a bit of group fun!!

Each month for the rest of the year (and beyond, if all goes according to plan :wink2:) B&B will be featuring a special product line or scent theme or something similar. One month we'll all focus on products with a particular scent (such as rose ... coming soon) or we'll all use the same product line for a month ... think back to Tabacvember and Jularlington for examples.

We can compare experiences with the products we love, have special SOTD photo contests, see who has the best lathering techniques, decide which aftershave works best with a certain soap or cream, and so forth.

The sky's the limit, guys.

Do you have to join up for 100% participation? Heck no. We're not The Shave Police, so if you decide not to shave with Tabac every single day for a whole month (or whatever it happens to be that month) then hey, no biggie. Do what you can in this shared group experience.

The main thing is for us to have some shared group experiences, have fun together!!

So here's our list for the next few months ... get your razors sharpened, and your internet ordering done quickly ... :wink2: (Yeah, we're not AD enablers ... :001_rolle)

April ... celebrate all things rose ... "April Flowers"
What better way to welcome spring than with a whole raft of roses? What's your favourite rose soap or cream ... who makes the best rose aftershave or cologne ... compare, contrast, or stick with one product all month ... let's celebrate roses!!

May ... Musgo Real ... "Musgo May""Though April flowers may come your way, they bring the Musgo that blooms in the May ..." Okay, so I changed the song a bit. But let's spend some time appreicating one of the absolute most :001_tt1:-worthy aftershave splashes out there ... and the shave cream ain't no slouch either!!

June ... Arlington ... "JunArlington"What better high-quality shave line to enjoy in summer than Arlington? Oh man, this is going to be good.

July ... celebrate all things lime ... "Julime"
Ahh, lime ... one of the essential summertime scents for shaving. Haul out your favourite soaps, creams, and all those great aftershaves. "Find the best" contests and debates abound. Don't forget the 'blended' scents ... I have a ginger-lime soap from SCS I'm dying to try out in July, and I know there's been a lot of bay-rumming done to limes by some manufacturers ... so we can be creative.

And yes, we have plans mapped out for the rest of the year, but this will get you started ... :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh poppycock, I guess I'll have to force myself
to go down to Merz Apothecary,
and somehow make myself pick out some new stuff,
then unwillingly drag it all home, blackmail myself to use it,
then command myself to talk about the experience here at B&B...

...oh the horror.

On second thought, thanks great idea!!!!

I'm in!!!!!!

April: SCS Savory Rose SS, ASM, Thayer's Rose,TSD Victorian Rose

May: Musgo Real + _________(soon to be filled w/ Musgo A/S)

June: Another purchase to make- no Arlington on hand.

July: Now this month belongs to me!!!!

SCS Ginger Lime SS, B&B Bay Rum w/ a Twist SC
Mama Sue Spicey Lime SS
TSD Coconut,Lime, and Verbena SS
Ogallala Bay Rum,Limes, and Peppercorn SS and A/S splash
Pinaud Lime Sec, Citrus Musk, Royall Lyme A/S splashes

Seems like I'm missing something here(Castle Forbes Lime SC) also.

So let's see: Musgo Real A/S, D.R. Harris Arlington SS and A/S, and Castle Forbes Lime SC for next week-errrrrrrrrr, this week purchases.

Oh, yeah, this is going to be fun!!!!!

marty
Then again

Cool!
I've got some DR Harris Rose due to be delivered soon and already have a tube of Trumpers in the den.

This is a great idea. I'm sorted for April and July. Good auld faithful Trumpers
but I'm going to have to go shopping for May and June. Ha. That sounds like two old girlfriends!! Now where'd I put that bankcard?

Rats...all I have on the list is Royall Lyme?? Guess I can't play.

...or can I?! :w00t: Shopping Spree! Look at me caving to peer pressure to fit in!!

An organized effort to get me to spend more on trying out new products???

This is a genius idea, my only regret is to have been pulled in so easily...looking forward to trying some things I might not have otherwise put on the list.

I'm set for the experiments of June, anyway...

Best,

Boomer

Just to clarify - is April rose or floral-scented? I was set to pick up some Trumper's violet when I saw the April Rose thread and re-read the description here.

Just to clarify - is April rose or floral-scented? I was set to pick up some Trumper's violet when I saw the April Rose thread and re-read the description here.

Flowers would be pretty good for a theme. Lavender, Violet and Rose. Yummy.

Last edited:

Roses by design, though other florals would be an acceptable substitute. :wink2:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I definitely need no encouragement to get on board with julime. :thumbsup:

('course limegust would be nice too :wink:)

Janulime
Februlime
ApriLime
March of Limes
ApriLime
May I have more Lime?
Julime vol. I
Julime vol. II
Limegust
Septlimeber
Octo-lime*
Limevember
Merry Lime-mas!

There ya go ... your own personal calendar!

* used under license from The National Enquirer, holder of copyright on "Octomom" and all related discourse.

Janulime
Februlime
ApriLime
March of Limes
ApriLime
May I have more Lime?
Julime vol. I
Julime vol. II
Limegust
Septlimeber
Octo-lime*
Limevember
Merry Lime-mas!

There ya go ... your own personal calendar!

* used under license from The National Enquirer, holder of copyright on "Octomom" and all related discourse.

:thumbsup: :clap:

Top Bottom