What's new

Applying aftershave

Are you supposed to apply aftershave after the cold water or before? I was always taught after the cold water, but mantic's youtube videos do aftershave then cold water.

Thanks!

Disregard...after further research (about 8 separate links on google), the proper way is to wash your face with cold water to close the pores, then apply the aftershave. Good stuff.

Are you supposed to apply aftershave after the cold water or before? I was always taught after the cold water, but mantic's youtube videos do aftershave then cold water.

Thanks!

I think thats witch hazel he's putting on. BTW I always put on AS after the cold water rinse.

I dont do a cold water rinse anymore. I do a warm towel, aftershave, balm, then a cool/cold towel. Irritation has subsided because I like to get the Aftershave into my pores before they constrict.

B

bluefoxicy

I shave; hot water wash my pores out to get rid of any soap stuck in them; then splash a little bay rum or Col. Conk's amber aftershave on my hand and rub them together, then slap it on. Or I'll use a drop of ASB or ASM and rub it into my face.

The ASB and ASM are witch hazel based, and the other stuff's ethanol based. My pores will close when my face cools.

I always do a hot rinse, followed by after shave. I often do an alum bar rub between the hot rinse and After Shave, but not always.

I don't tend to get skin irritation regardless, except from a Electric Razor:001_tongu.

Top Bottom