What's new

Venus fly trap Shaving cream?!

Anyone try any of these Lush shave cream products? They all contain an ingredient called mucilage...it is a thick sticky substance produced by plants, namely by some carnivorous plants to capture and eat insects!

Never caught a fly on my face in mid shave, but it's nice to know that I can.

Razorantium Shaving Cream,
Shave the Planet Shaving Cream,
Prince Triple Orange Blossom Shaving Cream,
Ambrosia Shaving Cream

I do have a large bottle of the Ambrosia shaving cream. Worthless as a shaving cream since it clogs the razor like nothing else (it was before I switched, mind you), but it is a very nice after shave lotion for my legs to make them silky soft and avoid ingrowns and other unpleasantness. Not what I bought it for, and the scent is as with much Lush stuff a bit weird, but the feeling after applying it as a shaving lotion! :001_tt1: My boyfriend always compliments me for my smooth legs when I've used it. So...long story short, worth a try. If nothing else, if you have a woman in your life, you can shave her legs and then apply it afterwards and she will steal it from you just like that.

I also got Razorantium as a sample. All too thick...like clay mixed with butter making it fat and protecting but impossible to spread and impossible to rinse.

As for the ingredient in question...isn't mucilage actually produced by most plants and extracted from them? Plants like flax being one.

Last edited:
SWMBO gifted me Prince, Ambrosia and Razorantium.

Ambrosia is worthless on the face. Maybe it could be used as an AS, but who the hell knows since they do not label the product or give a description.

Razorantium was not much better. I used a DE and a cartridge while traveling and using this was a mistake. ***.

Prince is the best of the lot. It does work. Not soap, brush and aftershave work...but it makes the hair soft. It is difficult to shake off the razor - like using toothpaste on your face. It has a strange smell that over time made me nauseous. Something strangely odd about it.

The shaves started great, but over two weeks shave quality went down hill fast until I hit ingrown city, razor burn river, and pizza face piazza.

They seem fun, but will be painful if you have a tough beard. These products are for babyface hip teenage boys.

Just my take.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Got a tub of Prince and only used it a couple of times. I found it gave very little cushion when I have used it in the past.

I didnt mind the smell personally (cross between a light orange scent and a tub of emulsion paint!) but I must admit this thread has reminded me to dig it out and try it again.

Perhaps I will apply it before I put on the hot towel to my face/neck and see what kind of a job it does.

From the Lush website:

"You will find linseed mucilage in all of our shaving creams. It's a real nuisance to make but there's nothing like it for making shaving creams work. It softens the stubble so it gives up without a struggle and it keeps your skin calm and soft too. You will have a Prince among chins."

Sounds like your average puffery to me. I've not tried any of the line; in fact, prior to seeing this thread, I'd never even heard of the brand. (Where have I been? Obviously not up to the trendy part of town which has the only Lush store in my area.) But based on the reports here, as well as the general tenor of the brand's website, I have no interest in altering my ignorance.

Everything I've heard about it from the boards here makes me glad I never bothered to try it, I have yet to hear anybody rave about it. Forget the Venus Fly Trap Jim and stick to KMF.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom