What's new

What's your workout today?

2:04 neighborhood for me, some 8 minutes slower than my first half in May. My training wasn't as good, and I limped along for a while. Oh well.

Now to concentrate on healing my calf and hoping I can do my next half in Vegas on December 5!

1 hr 53 min, 8:38 pace

2:04 neighborhood for me, some 8 minutes slower than my first half in May. My training wasn't as good, and I limped along for a while. Oh well.

Now to concentrate on healing my calf and hoping I can do my next half in Vegas on December 5!

I've always heard (and personally agree) that to break the 2hr mark is an achievement!

Congrats to both of you.

after doing the 1/2 some walking would be a good thing if you can hold back for a few days.............some calf stretches and using the stick might help recovery. congratulations..............today was a longish trail run for me. 2hrs avg hr 123 max 154 total cal 1145...........now my calves hurt too!!??

I bought a foam roller today and have been rolling around the floor on it. Still limping around, but I've spent most of the day on the couch. I also saw a massage stick at the store but held off on getting it, for now.

I bought a foam roller today and have been rolling around the floor on it. Still limping around, but I've spent most of the day on the couch. I also saw a massage stick at the store but held off on getting it, for now.

Where is it hurting? Like what part of your calf?

AM - Back, Legs, Biceps

Supersets x 4

Wide Grip Pull Ups to failure
Plyometric Lunges x 8 each leg

Towel Chin Ups to failure
Front Squat x 10

Underhand Chin Ups to failure
Floor Wipers to failure

Horizontal Pull Ups x 10
Bridges x 1 min

Barbell Bicep Curls x 10
Lower Body Stretching

PM - 8km run

200 Push Ups
200 Sit Ups
200 Burpees

I didn't have the opportunity to hit the gym so I just did some targeted calisthenics at the office.

Last edited:
Got the the gym before 6AM, which is a feat in and of itself for me. Did Chest and Triceps along with some light cardio after on an elliptical machine.

Just getting into this after way too many years of no gym work. Actually feels kind of good to have my arms trembling slightly while typing at work.

Squats Deload 5r@60% PM 365

21-15-9
power cleans, 135 lbs
ring dips

5:54

Still slower then my PR but at least the times dropping as opposed to the last two times I did this.

Walked 1.5 miles. Dont have stats as I forgot to turn on my program on my phone that keeps the stats :thumbdown but hey, at least I walked!!!

Monday through Friday, up at 5 am for a 10 mile bike ride in 45 minutes. Every morning I drag myself out of bed and wonder why I am doing this. Every morning about an hour later I finish up and think I feel great and I am glad I did this.

Focus on the results, right?

Front squats, not my favorite or best.
185x3
225x3
245x3
225x5
185x5
185x5

DB Reverse lunges, 4" deficit
43lbs x 7/side
48lbs x 7/side
43lbs x 7/side
bw x 10/side

Pullthroughs
150x12
140x12
130x12
120x12

superset with Pallof presses
3 sets of 10/side with a band for resistance

plate pinches
2 10lbs plates for 30 sec/side x 3

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Supersets x 4

Push Ups to failure
Dumbell Shoulder Press x 10

Dumbell Alternate Bench Press x 10 each arm
Standing Dumbell Side Rows x 10

Bosu Ball Push Ups to failure
10kg Plate Static Front Hold to failure

Dips x 10
Fitball Crunches x 15

Close Grip Bench Press x 10
Stretching

Bench build up to 185
100,120,140,160,175,185 Got some life coach type motivation on the last two reps.

I didn't keep a journal back when I trained at other gyms but I'm pretty sure this is a bench PR for me.

4 rounds of:
50 Double Unders
50 Good Mornings, 45 pounds

8:39

Everything was going smoothly until the last round of DUs where the wheels fell off the cart and I was down to sets of 10.

Top Bottom