Lying T-Bar rows
Pull downs
Seated rows
EZ-Bar curls
Dumbbell hammer curls

Thursday
Deadlifts to 206kgx5
115,135,155,175,195,206x2

No focus and the butt was coming up first so I called it a night.

OHS to 77kgx5
45,55,65,70,74x3
Front squats to 118kgx5
65,80,90,100,110,118x4
Way to hungover to have been doing this today

I'm closing in on 68, so my workouts are not as intense as
you younger guys. I wish I could do more, but at this age...
Nonetheless, I still get to it, six days a week.

Yesterday: dumbbell workout (5 exercises/3 sets).
Today: Pushups (3 sets, 35 to 40 per set), dips (35 to 40 per/3 to 4 sets)

I'm also an old guy (67 next month), and after much running and lifting have found that indoor rowing ( Concept 2 for me ) is my sport. Started at the gym in 2006, then bought my own in 2010, and have been at it since. Lots of experimenting with intensity and frequency, usually followed by a period of healing with no activity :blink:. At the moment I row 30 minutes 3 days a week, mostly endurance oriented, and have hit a nice balance for now. My resting HR is 50, no meds, and I'm a member of an on-line Indoor Rowing club to keep tabs on how its' supposed to go. Mostly I just want to maintain my good health, but there's still a competitive spark that is fun but needs to be managed.
Today I did my weekly distance challenge and improved nicely over last Sunday. It's been a good week.

I'm closing in on 68, so my workouts are not as intense as
you younger guys. I wish I could do more, but at this age...
Nonetheless, I still get to it, six days a week.

Yesterday: dumbbell workout (5 exercises/3 sets).
Today: Pushups (3 sets, 35 to 40 per set), dips (35 to 40 per/3 to 4 sets)

I'm also an old guy (67 next month), and after much running and lifting have found that indoor rowing ( Concept 2 for me ) is my sport. Started at the gym in 2006, then bought my own in 2010, and have been at it since. Lots of experimenting with intensity and frequency, usually followed by a period of healing with no activity :blink:. At the moment I row 30 minutes 3 days a week, mostly endurance oriented, and have hit a nice balance for now. My resting HR is 50, no meds, and I'm a member of an on-line Indoor Rowing club to keep tabs on how its' supposed to go. Mostly I just want to maintain my good health, but there's still a competitive spark that is fun but needs to be managed.
Today I did my weekly distance challenge and improved nicely over last Sunday. It's been a good week.

I take a lot of inspiration from people like the two of you. I just hope that I'm as active when I hit that age! :thumbup1:

I take a lot of inspiration from people like the two of you. I just hope that I'm as active when I hit that age! :thumbup1:

Thanks, David. Kudos to you for your long outdoor treks. Lo Steve, keep up the good work, brother.
Today: Weights (standing and bench workout) while watching the U.S. Open (former tennis player, club-level only).

Top Bottom