What's new

What's your workout today?

After a week long hiatus, I got back into the pool yesterday for about 20 minutes. Will be doing the same today, but hope to go a bit longer.

My back seems to have gotten better, so I'm back to lifting. I'll be doing Dan John's "Rapid Ascent" Program for a few weeks, from his e-book From the Ground Up. (Free, just Google Dan John)

8-6-4 of;

Power Cleans
Overhead Presses
Front Squats

Run through each lift in succession. Great program, all you need is a bar and weight (don't even need a squat rack). I work out at home, so all I have is a bar and a squat rack. I do have bumper plates, tho.

I'll do this for a few weeks, then go back to Wendlers 5-3-1 program.

Sparring for the next two weeks here my mates got a fight coming up mid April so til thats done with all i'll be doing is 4 min rounds trying not too bust him up lol

4 miles...9 min/mile pace

Starting marathon training warmup...

Respectable. That is basically what I did today as well. I went just a hair further and ran just a hair slower.

When I first read that, I transposed the numbers, I was in SHOCK!!!! :w00t:

That would be insane!

2.25 mile run.

Attempted to go mountain biking but all the local trails were closed so I did a very hard 5 miles ride right before dark, wish I had time to do more.

Why not just hit the Monon?

Sparring for the next two weeks here my mates got a fight coming up mid April so til thats done with all i'll be doing is 4 min rounds trying not too bust him up lol

You sound like someone that we could use in the MMA thread. Search here in The Clubhouse.

There's a custom title in there somewhere. :wink2:

:yesnod:

Very crappy ride this morning. Only made it about 10 miles I could not feel my hands and toes were going bad too. I got back and dropped my new bike to the ground since I was so ill prepared for the 29 degrees. I am headed out again in about 20 minutes hoping to put at least another 20 miles under my belt. It is now 60 degrees. : ) At least I do not have to wait anymore to see which kid is going to scratch up my bike, I took care of that. I am actually a little afraid to look. It was dark when it happened, maybe I do not want to know. :thumbdown

7 miles on the new fixie (that little thing is a workout!) waiting at home for about 10 minutes and then ran 2.5 miles.

Alternated C2 rowing with kettlebell snatches. For time, 1000m, 750m and 500m intervals alternating with 50, 35 and 20 one arm kettlebell snatches. The heaviest bell I could find at the gym was 40 lbs. It was a nice, intense workout. I also did sets of pull ups, dips and abs.

3 mile run in the snow :mad:

When I started it was just cold, when I got to about the half way point it started with flurries, by the time I got back in I was soaked and freezing.

My first training session.. GOAL -- Prepare for a mini triathalon series in November

Last night
20 min slow jog
600 metre swim
15minute spa

Top Bottom