What's new

What's your workout today?

17.3 road bike miles with a new helmet, which is clearly a step up from my first $30 helmet. Don't think I'll ever go time trial aero helmet, but this helmet makes a difference. Did the first 10 miles in 32:20 averaging 18.6 mph with the usual stops at traffic lights/stop signs. Felt pretty easy down in the drops the entire way. Good sign for the triathlon. Should be able to maintain, maybe exceed, 20 mph with no interruptions.

Great time! I was on Captiva last week and did the race route as part of a long ride. The resort property is just as bad as last year, and there was lots of standing water and rough spots in that first half mile past the transition zone.

I haven't kept an eye on the Gulf conditions this week. Do you know if things are clearing up? I want to get some open water swims in, but I've been put off by the gross water. I have the county parks pass for Bowmans/Turner Beaches, but the water was awful looking going over the causeway last week.

Great time! I was on Captiva last week and did the race route as part of a long ride. The resort property is just as bad as last year, and there was lots of standing water and rough spots in that first half mile past the transition zone.

I haven't kept an eye on the Gulf conditions this week. Do you know if things are clearing up? I want to get some open water swims in, but I've been put off by the gross water. I have the county parks pass for Bowmans/Turner Beaches, but the water was awful looking going over the causeway last week.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear the road is no better. I hit one hole - hard - coming out of transition last year that I was sure had flattened a tire. Super jarring. Luckily, no damage.

As far as the water goes, I haven't done an open water swim since the tri last year, I think. The water here sounds really unappealing, but if there were waves, I'd surely surf. Haven't heard a report lately. Think I'm sticking to the pool this weekend.

700m run
40 box jumps (24)
700m run
40 burpees
700m run
40 v-ups
700m run
40 barbell push press (25)
700m run
40 KB swings (53)

Finished in 32:10

Top Bottom