What's new

What's your workout today?

I love my VFF (have 3 pairs) but suggest getting a proper weightlifting shoe for serious lifting, Do-Wins, Adistars, Romaleos, etc... I have some Pendlay Do-Wins and love them.

I'm back to Olympic Weightlifting programming. My foot is feeling a lot better (dropped a weight on it several weeks ago and damaged some tendons and things...) and I can split jerk and extend onto my toes again. Have a meet coming up at the end of September. :D

Rob, is it storming too badly to run outside?

Tonight was a miscellaneous day at the gym, followed up by a 500 meter swim and a nice sauna.

I think I'm going to attempt a Sprint Tri in 10 days so I've got to get in some swims and bike rides now to get myself ready, the running will be no problem, but I haven't done any swimming all summer and I've only biked a handful of times.

Rob, is it storming too badly to run outside?

Tonight was a miscellaneous day at the gym, followed up by a 500 meter swim and a nice sauna.

I think I'm going to attempt a Sprint Tri in 10 days so I've got to get in some swims and bike rides now to get myself ready, the running will be no problem, but I haven't done any swimming all summer and I've only biked a handful of times.

No, I just despise running and running in the rain is even worse! :lol:

There have been reports of lightening (which is unusual here) so I play it safe.

Just back day today

Cable rows
Pulldowns
Deadlifts
Single arm rows
Reverse cable pulldowns
Wide grip pullups.

I am dreading tomorrow's workout, cardio etc etc

Just started deadlifts last week. Never did them before but I am starting out light (125 lbs) just to focus on getting my form right before adding weight. It's very easy at that weight but I want to practice proper form before adding real weight.

Any tips?

I am keeping my head up, butt out, bearing weight on heels and keeping the bar close to my shins at the start and close to my body all the way up, finishing with my back arched and chest out.

Sound right?

Just started deadlifts last week. Never did them before but I am starting out light (125 lbs) just to focus on getting my form right before adding weight. It's very easy at that weight but I want to practice proper form before adding real weight.

Any tips?

I am keeping my head up, butt out, bearing weight on heels and keeping the bar close to my shins at the start and close to my body all the way up, finishing with my back arched and chest out.

Sound right?

Grab one of the personal trainers at your gym. Most are happy to help with quick questons. No one can really critique your form from a written description, unless it's waaaaay off and you sound like you're on the right track.

Grab one of the personal trainers at your gym. Most are happy to help with quick questons. No one can really critique your form from a written description, unless it's waaaaay off and you sound like you're on the right track.

I'm not to sure about asking one of the trainers at the gym if they're anything like the trainers at some of the box gyms I've been at. How about having a buddy video you and the posting that instead.

Any tips?

Sound right?

Sounds like you are doing it right, but its very hard to tell from the written word. I will say that starting light (what feels light to you) and working up is a fantastic plan. Deadlifts and squats will change your body and physical strength more than any other type of lift.

+1, great minds! Ask a certified trainer just to have a look.

I'm not to sure about asking one of the trainers at the gym if they're anything like the trainers at some of the box gyms I've been at. How about having a buddy video you and the posting that instead.

I disagree. Professional opinion should be held above a bunch of random people. Don't get me wrong we have an educated crew here but nothing beats being able to see and hear what is going on up close and personal and a certified trainer may spot something we'd miss in a video.

Top Bottom