What's new

What's your workout today?

After a tough day at the office, I hit the pool again and put in a quick 25 minutes of laps.

Caught the flu, so I'm doing only front squats and power cleans right now.

Oh man...I hate to laugh at your misfortune, but...(much like the 40 oz. curls), this is clever and hilarious...if it weren't so cringe inducing. :eek:

...you are talking about camping out on the throne, right?

Tried to do some different stuff yesterday. I started off jumping rope for a while, then I did several sets alternating deadlifts with 500m runs. After that, three rounds on the heavy bag. Finished up with abs.

Last edited:
Today I went with a Bruce Lee workout:

1,000 push ups
1,000 sit ups

I'm splitting it in half. I did the first 500 of each when I got up in sets of 50 and I'll do the second half the same way later today.

The weather is too crappy to run and I really don't want to get on the dreadmill today so I'm going to skip the run.

Hope the BBQ goes well buddy!

It went great! Ended up being about 20 people and lasted about 9 hours! :w00t:

My husband and I went on our first bike ride together without kids. We only did 20 miles but he did good for his first time on a road bike. I took him up some pretty tough hills and the way back was very windy. We cruised at about 25mph there (on flat areas) and 12 or so on the way back. I kind of got to giggling to mysel because in the past I only rode much faster than him because I was on a fitness and he a mountain bike. Today we were both on Bianchi's. :thumbup: I need not say how many times I slowed to a roll or stopped. :lol: I will admit he was struggling with the shoes and I have much better components. I can not wait to take him again. His little chicken legs are hurting.

That is truly impressive! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

No kidding! That is awesome! :thumbup1:

That's a pretty quick pace :thumbup1: How long did it take you to work up to that level of fitness?

Wow that is amazing.. Good work!

Wow..Thanks everyone!

The short answer, Bulldawg, is about 10 months from 1/2 a pack a day to reformed runner. The key was consistency and slowly but steady pushing of my comfort zone.

To ramble a bit, I had my last cigarette the morning of 7May09 and hit the treadmill that afternoon and racked out 2 miles in a hacking, wheezing, hot mess.

After about 2 weeks of this 3-4 times a week I started to up the millage a little bit adding .5 here and there till I got to the point where I was comfortably doing 3-5 miles on a 2-3 days on one day off rotation with the occasional long run of about 6-7 miles. I started progressively moving my training pace up a little starting at 6.5mph and eventually stopping at 8.7mph when I got sick of being a gerbil and started running outdoors.

I would make it a point to do at least one hard run of 5k or longer a week and always try and hit some hills at whatever pace I was running and eventually got a Nike+ wristband (btw if any of you are Nike+ users, you can find me at Royalcrown there too) and found out I was pretty quick. My training pace had moved down to about 6'45" over the span of about 7 months for distances under 5 miles averaging about 25 (+/- 5) miles a week.

Just recently I switched over to Zone 2 training after someone forwarded me this article. While going against the conventional wisdom, my weekly millage has gone up ...quite a bit, but with the slower pace, I am able to go a lot longer and in theory, my times should be coming down while maintaining a heart rate of about 150bpm while my body uses fat as its primary fuel source. At first it was weird to drop a minute off my mile time but the distance increase is working new and exciting things in my legs.

After my first full week doing this I have noticed I sleep a lot harder, wake up like a bear, eat everything in sight, and have a lot more energy during the day. On the down side it has really cut into my beer drinking as alcohol makes me feel really sluggish now but those are the breaks.

I would really like to hit a 50 miler with the big goal of doing 100 miles in under 24 hours.

*edit*
Oh yeah
Today I am taking a zero day :D

Last edited:
Wow..Thanks everyone!

The short answer, Bulldawg, is about 10 months from 1/2 a pack a day to reformed runner. The key was consistency and slowly but steady pushing of my comfort zone.

To ramble a bit, I had my last cigarette the morning of 7May09 and hit the treadmill that afternoon and racked out 2 miles in a hacking, wheezing, hot mess.

After about 2 weeks of this 3-4 times a week I started to up the millage a little bit adding .5 here and there till I got to the point where I was comfortably doing 3-5 miles on a 2-3 days on one day off rotation with the occasional long run of about 6-7 miles. I started progressively moving my training pace up a little starting at 6.5mph and eventually stopping at 8.7mph when I got sick of being a gerbil and started running outdoors.

I would make it a point to do at least one hard run of 5k or longer a week and always try and hit some hills at whatever pace I was running and eventually got a Nike+ wristband (btw if any of you are Nike+ users, you can find me at Royalcrown there too) and found out I was pretty quick. My training pace had moved down to about 6'45" over the span of about 7 months for distances under 5 miles averaging about 25 (+/- 5) miles a week.

Just recently I switched over to Zone 2 training after someone forwarded me this article. While going against the conventional wisdom, my weekly millage has gone up ...quite a bit, but with the slower pace, I am able to go a lot longer and in theory, my times should be coming down while maintaining a heart rate of about 150bpm while my body uses fat as its primary fuel source. At first it was weird to drop a minute off my mile time but the distance increase is working new and exciting things in my legs.

After my first full week doing this I have noticed I sleep a lot harder, wake up like a bear, eat everything in sight, and have a lot more energy during the day. On the down side it has really cut into my beer drinking as alcohol makes me feel really sluggish now but those are the breaks.

I would really like to hit a 50 miler with the big goal of doing 100 miles in under 24 hours.

*edit*
Oh yeah
Today I am taking a zero day :D

Very impressive story! Congrats on all you've achieved so far. My best 5K time ever was about a 7:15 pace so I can't even imagine doing 10 miles at that pace or close to it. My normal pace is around 8:30 though I do run under an 8 pace for my 1.5 mile PT test.

Really awesome story! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

My morning bike ride was all for me. I was dragging my tail bad though. I had to shorten my trip by 4 miles to get back at my normal time. :thumbdown

Top Bottom