10kg Plate Static Overhead Hold x 45 secs

Bench Press x 10
Dumbell Alternate Shoulder Press x 10 each arm

Parallel Bar Dips to failure
Dumbell Upright Row x 10

Underhand Tricep Pull Down x 10
Floor Wipers x 10 each side

Having a week off next week.

Question for the powerlifters: What do you think about squatting and deadlifting with a smith machine? My gym doesn't have any barbells (some sort of OH&S rubbish - but we can have 60kg dumbells!), but we have two smith machines. I'd like to train more using powerlifting movements but I'm not sure about using a smith machine to do it. I'm currently doing front squats but not with a lot of weight.

Question for the powerlifters: What do you think about squatting and deadlifting with a smith machine? My gym doesn't have any barbells (some sort of OH&S rubbish - but we can have 60kg dumbells!), but we have two smith machines. I'd like to train more using powerlifting movements but I'm not sure about using a smith machine to do it. I'm currently doing front squats but not with a lot of weight.

IMO if you don't have any other option then I guess have atter. Deadlifting is gunna be hard because a deadlift doesn't go straight up, neither does a squat. Tell them to get a power rack before someone hurts themselves on the smith machine!

Speed squats
405x2
405x2
405x2 <- decided 405 wasn't moving fast enough and dialed it back a bit.
365x2
365x2
365x2
365x2
365x2
365x2
365x2

Cressey split squats
30sec each side x 3

situps
30seconds x 3

suitcase deadlifts
75x8x3 each side.

Deadlifts holding a dumbell each side?

Hold a dumbell on one side and deadlift it. 75lbs is pretty much nothing for me but I can't keep my grip on a barbell with one hand. I'm thinking next time I might break out deadlift straps and work heavy. They're great as unilateral work.

Ah right, I should have read your original post properly where I would have noticed that it said each side. I think I'll give those a go.

7 mile run. 9:36 pace. Then a quick sandwich and some chocolate milk, then off to the gym for a chest and back lifting workout.

So much for a week off, went into the the gym today for back, legs and biceps.

Supersets x 4, no rest:

Wide Grip Pull Ups to failure
Squats x 10

Towel Chin Ups to failure
Leg Press x 10

Underhand Chin Ups to failure
Deadlifts x 15

Rope Cable Curls x 10
Crunches x 12

Shrugs x 10
Dumbell Curl x 10

10 miles in 45 minutes on the bike. It's getting nippy out there even in Houston. I grew up in Michigan, but I have become a real warm weather wimp.

Squats 5r@85% PM 375

Holy heavy gravity day today. Even 175 felt heavy.

8 rounds of:
40 seconds Wall Ball (2-for-1)
20 seconds Rest

I think I could have gotten 90 except for the times when I caught the wallball and I was still in a squat or I missed the wallball or my personal favorite where I threw the ball up, had more then enough time to squat but I just stood there waiting for the wallball to return. doh!

Top Bottom