What's new

What's your workout today?

Front Squats build to185

100,120,140,160 (left hip made a clicking sound, that can't be good)175,185 got onto the toes on the last rep and had to fight it

3 rounds of:
400m Run
21 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5 pood
12 Chinups

9:43

Not good, not good at all. Trying to run and do KB swings the day after weighted good mornings is not a good idea. :nono:

I really like the last part of your workout. That's one of my favorite ones that I lifted from Crossfit. If I'm too late/too lazy to get to the gym, or if I don't have much time, I always throw my kettlebell into my car and go over to the local middle school track and bang that one out. I've never tried it after a heavy set of squats--must be intense.

Sunday's bike ride:
72 miles, including the 6 miles of hell called Deer Creek Rd. right in the middle...That was brutal.

Last time I did this I was race fit and only had a 23 cog on the back as the biggest. This time I was not fit and only had a 25. The first 2.5 miles, what I remembered was the entire climb, turned out to be the easy part, averaging nearly 13% grade. Then you descend, and quickly head skyward again with a series of really STEEP climbs, 1/2 mile at a time or so, over and over...for a total of 6 miles.
1.5 miles in I had to stop...because my ARMS were killing me. My legs did alright, but the rest of me (arms, core) needs more training.

I have NO idea what got into me, but next time I mention Deer Creek, just slap me.

Primary goal: Finish the damn thing. Beyond that, I'm hoping for under 2 hours.

Yesterday was legs and shoulders at the gym.

I think both are achievable for you. A 2-hour half is much easier than a 4-hour full. Half Marathon is the furthest I've ever run for time. Did it three total times in Iraq. My fastest time was a hair over 2-hours at 2:05 but I was running much longer distances then. I don't think I could do that now.

Good luck!

Deload week, normally it would be 5r@60% of our program maxs for the various lifts, but I'm taking the whole damn week off. Just cause I can.

I wonder how long it will be before I go nuts? Considering the gym is literally right beside my office it shouldn't take too long.

10k / 48: +/- first run since portland so no worries and glad for that. been recovery walking all week sometimes twice a day. (my dog likes that)

Top Bottom