What's new

What's your workout today?

taporing for portland only ran 4mi today. avg hr only 118bpm. barely awake but easy runs for few days. will continue my carbo loading which hasn't ended for several years now

I would give so much to be able to run and have a HR that low. If mine's in the 140s I'm barely moving. :bored:

not to worry. as you get older your hr follows you. i reach the 140's going uphill. my tempo runs are in the 145 - 155 range

Recently added bench to my strength training. Build up to 165

5 rounds of:
5 Deadlifts, 275
10 Burpees

5:47

Took it slow on this one as I buggered up my shoulders this summer and they're just now starting to feel better. Stupid rebuilding of a boat.

Back at school, so back on a modified CF program, more or less CF Witchita Falls.

Yesterday was

Back squat: 275#x5x3
Shoulder Press: 140#x5x3
Weighted Pullups: 25#x8x3 (I believe, though possibly it was 30 or 40... time to start logging again)

Today was
Power clean: 205#x3x5

Supposed to do a short metcon afterwards but ran out of time between lab, classes, more classes, work, and sleep. Will swim or jog tomorrow for active recovery.

over head squats 1rep@95% of 165

85,100,115,130,145 Big fat F. I just can't lock out that bloody left shoulder. Stupid boat repairs, I hope my brothers are happy.

12 minutes AMRAP:

50 Single Unders
10 Thrusters, 95 pounds
20 Lunges

4 rds + 50 + 4

Today could be summed up using a whole lot of words that I'm sure would get filtered by a swear filter.

Weighted goodmornings build up to 175

These weren't the full body workout/sweatfest like last weeks platform deadlifts were but I sure could feel it in much more in the hamstrings. Next week will be stiff leg deadlifts, then we'll which made me suffer more and go with that for a while to strengthen my apparently girlie hamstrings.

12-9-6 reps of:
Power Cleans, 205 pounds, scaled to 175
Ring Dips

6:09

Had to scale this one as my 1RM squat clean is only 205. I could have gone up another 10lbs but I'd still be there if I tried 205.

i see lots of lifting on this site. will start back up doing that as ski season approaches. today i let my dog pull me around on the hilly trails for 1.5 hrs.

A very long day at school, rushed home did my 85 minute lift in 55 minutes then rushed home chugged some chocolate milk and ran 5 miles. I'm whipped.

I had to work late tonight and it was already dark by the time I got back to my apartment. Hate to miss a day so I went out for a quick four mile run along the seawall near my house. It was still warm and there was a light rain--very nice. Now for a shower and out for some sushi.

Front Squats build to185

100,120,140,160 (left hip made a clicking sound, that can't be good)175,185 got onto the toes on the last rep and had to fight it

3 rounds of:
400m Run
21 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5 pood
12 Chinups

9:43

Not good, not good at all. Trying to run and do KB swings the day after weighted good mornings is not a good idea. :nono:

Top Bottom