For time:

1/2 mile (800m) run
3 monkey bar passes
10 rounds of:
95# power snatch, 5 reps
10 pushups
15 situps
1000m row.

(to clarify, that's a short run, then the monkey bars, then 10 rounds of the snatch-pushup-situp complex, then an 1000m row, all for time)

Crossfit FTW! I had no idea we had an exercise forum! My greatest passion, for sure! :thumbup:

Further rest today. My ankle is feeling much much better. I hope it holds out through my fitness test.

Good luck! :thumbup1:

Things went great, right up until I pushed too hard on my run (trying to score above 90%) and strained a tendon in my right knee. Now its all swollen and hurts like a :cursing:.

I'm so :mad: right now.

Ate a dozen donuts and watched power lifting on ESPN. Doe that count? :laugh:

Hey, just because you own a nice exercise bike doesn't mean you can pig out! :lol:

Chest and Shoulders Today - Again Light weights and high reps

Incline bench Dumbbell press
Cable crossovers
Chest Press
Lateral Raises
Shrugs
Military Press

3x5 Shoulder press (3 sets of 5)

Then every 2 minutes and thirty seconds for 6 rounds
30 Double Unders (with a jumprope)
7 Pullups
Max wallball shots

Basically get as far as you can, starting over at double unders every 2:30 for 15 minutes.

Today was chest and tris. I follow a modified HIT (High Intensity Training) program and do only a few sets of exercises with only 30 seconds of rest. Makes my 69 year old body feel good! :001_rolle

6 mile run.

My runs have, quite frankly, sucked for the past couple of weeks. For a while I was running at nearly full speed for the entire run. I was finishing six miles in 40 minutes. Now I'm finishing in about 50 and, more importantly, I'm dragging at the end. Tonight I almost felt like stopping and walking, which I've never done unless my stomach has cramped up.

6 mile run.

My runs have, quite frankly, sucked for the past couple of weeks. For a while I was running at nearly full speed for the entire run. I was finishing six miles in 40 minutes. Now I'm finishing in about 50 and, more importantly, I'm dragging at the end. Tonight I almost felt like stopping and walking, which I've never done unless my stomach has cramped up.
If you haven't been already, you should take a week off, or a week of only recovery runs-short and super easy. Then hit it again ramping up to your normal pace over the following week or two.
Try it.
When I raced I used to train in 4 week increments, the first 3 ramping up in intensity then taking a 4th week to recover. Worked for me. Might for you too.

Lifting. Shoulders; Shoulder Raises, Shrugs, Pull ups, Pull downs, Push ups, Rear Flys, and Calf Extensions. Ab work too.

Running. 3 miles.

I should not have read this thread. It reminds of how lazy I am about exercising. Kudo to you gentlemen that can get the motivation to do this.

Chest and Back today.

3 sets on the bench
3 sets on incline bench with dumb bells
3 sets of inverted rows, wide grip, using a smith maching. (basically put the bar about waist high and hang with your feet out in front of you and pull up)
3 sets of narrow grip rows
3 sets of lat pull downs

Than 25 minutes on the bike. Still trying to rehab a broken leg and messed up ankle.

5x3 Deadlift (5 sets of 3)

Then 3 rounds of

5 minutes of
5 Burpees
15 Sandbag Ground-to-Shoulders, 50# bag
25m sled/trawler push, 90# sled
Rest 2 minutes

So deadlifts, then do as many rounds of the burpee-sandbag-sled push complex as possible in 5 minutes, rest 2 minutes, then another 5 minute round of the complex, another rest, and finally a 3rd round. Got something like 8 rounds + 5 burpees and 15 sandbags overall (9 rounds minus the sled push, in other words).

Should've gone higher on the deadlifts, only at 295# -- I was doing that years ago when I was 30 pounds lighter.

If you haven't been already, you should take a week off, or a week of only recovery runs-short and super easy. Then hit it again ramping up to your normal pace over the following week or two.
Try it.
When I raced I used to train in 4 week increments, the first 3 ramping up in intensity then taking a 4th week to recover. Worked for me. Might for you too.

You are probably right. I had been thinking this myself, particularly because my right knee has been sore for a week. I intend to run tomorrow evening. If it goes poorly and my knee feels like hell on Friday, I might take next week off. I have a hard time not doing it. I have to take advantage of all the warm weather I can get...

Tonight I did leg exercises with the resistance bands. Whoopity-doo. At my next college I will be sure to get a student ID so that I can use the gym.

I'm not supposed to do anything for 10 days and then I can "ease" back into running "at my own pace" for "not further than 100m".

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

I'm not supposed to do anything for 10 days and then I can "ease" back into running "at my own pace" for "not further than 100m".

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

Tell me about it. I didn't do squat for six weeks. My Achilles is still tender now, but I'm just trying to make myself run slow.

Ab Ripper X, then straight to the gym for a Chest workout with some leg work, right into a 3 mile run.

I ran in my Nike Free Runs, pretty comfortable, but my feet hurt afterwards. I'll post more thoughts tomorrow.

Top Bottom