What's new

What's your workout today?

Fri/Sun/Mon-cycle 20-50 mi or spin
Tues-2 hours ice-hockey
wed-elliptical and weights

not enough resistant work but that's not my priority.

Out sick latter part of this past week, but today felt well enough to resume my spring training schedule. I am running a half-marathon in June but trying to still set aside enough time for my favorite outdoor season: spring!

M: yoga
T: short run
W: x-train + weights
T: short run
F: yoga
S: ski or climb (all day/long day)
S: run (med or long, depending on how I feel after previous day's effort)

Of course, always subject to change based on weather/avy conditions/snowfall!

Hi, i'll outline yesterday, since Sunday is usually my non workout day.

Jumped rope for 6 minutes, and speedball for another 6.
Then went at the heavy bag for 20 minutes, and four rounds with someone one weight category higher.
Followed by 6 hill sprints of ~20 seconds each (about 100 yds a pop)
Stretching routine before & after.

Then off to my local pub for a couple pints & hot wings.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Any walkers here? I can't run for the joint injuries of me youth, used to cycle but shoulder problems dropped that .. so I walk. 7.7 miles today, a bit of rain here but otherwise a nice day ..

Any walkers here? I can't run for the joint injuries of me youth, used to cycle but shoulder problems dropped that .. so I walk. 7.7 miles today, a bit of rain here but otherwise a nice day ..

That is a long walk. Do not scare me on the shoulder issue and cycling. :cursing: I am having trouble cycling but I am pretty recent on both shoulder surgeries. I walk but only on nice days and only a couple of miles just to get the kids out in the fresh air.

I walked my dog about 3 1/2 miles today.

Tonight is 1 hour, 15 minutes of Krav Maga. Same for Thursday and Saturday. Thats enough for me. I do other activities during the week, but not officially a work out. Larry

Well my workouts were on hold while I was studying. I tested today for promotion so its behind me (at least until next year if I don't make it) so back on the dreadmill I went. First day back so I just did 20 minutes of intervals 6 -8 mph at a 4% incline.

6 Mile run today. Going to sign up for my first races this year in a few days so trying to get back in shape. Btw, my races are 5/10/15k's, no marathons for me...yet.

I have no idea how anyone can run on a treadmill, I'd rather take a detour through hell. :ohmy:

Just got in from a 2 1/4 mile trot.

I don't do it because I can or because I want to I do it only when I have no other choice. When it is too cold or there is too much snow/ice to make for a safe run I hit the treadmill. The other day it was a few degrees below freezing so I started on the dreadmill.

Today was a brisk 3.5 miler outside!

16 mile bike ride. I know it is not much hopefully I can work back up to long rides. Warm weather and a little more healing time will help.

Today was "test" day.

So this morning I did:
Max Deadhang Pull-ups: 14
Max Dips: 18
Max Pushups in 1 Minute: 53
Max Sit-Ups in 1 Minute: 78
Max Airsquats in 1 Minute: 36

After that I did the eliptical for an hour.

Tonight is 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 400 mixed abs. (Stew Smith Push-Pull Workout)

Went on a bike ride with my dad today. We did 23.5 miles. It was nice to get out with him even if he does ride slower than me. :wink2: Beautiful weather though here in Indy, 61 and sunny. :001_smile

I'm happy to say that my shoulder is healing quite nicely. I'd say it is about 95%. I'm going to continue babying it for a couple of weeks and then ease back into the weights.

Today was a 3 mile walk early and a 3 mile run later in the day.

Top Bottom