What's new

What's your workout today?

35.1 road bike miles. Worse than last week's half century. Let the sun get too high. Made a stop at the fruit stand for bananas, water, and a mango smoothie. Made the last 8.5 miles bearable.

Waited for the hour before sunset to head out on the road bike this evening. 17.5 miles. Low 80s, 55-65% humidity, ENE breeze 11-14 mph. A really nice evening where the workout wasn't all about heat dissipation.

35 road bike miles. Went the opposite way today and squeezed it in before the rain.
Here are a couple more shots from Saturday's venture over to Ft. Myers. For the southbound part of my ride, I took the Yarborough Linear Park. It is 6+ miles long with the railroad tracks (mystery theater dinner train stuff) to the east. It follows the Ten Mile Canal which was built in the 20's. There is a decent amount of canopy and some wildlife to be seen. The path also borders the east side of Page Field so you can see smaller private planes coming and going. Glad I made the trip over the Caloosahatchee to ride along the drainage ditch!

Ten minute pool sprint after waking this morning. Have to start thinking about that 7 am 1/4 mile swim start time for the triathlon...

17.5 road bike miles. Tried to go hard the first ten miles to see where I am for the tri. Very slow time. I hope it's the new tires and not me.

Top Bottom