Deadlift 215 lbs 1x5

Yesterday
4 rounds of:
500m row
20 pushups
20 sit-ups unassisted
10 diamond pushups

Drumstick Dash on Thanksgiving morning.

5 mile jog today. I was hurting, I guess my race took more out of me than I thought.

When I joined B&B way back in... Well a few months ago, I weighed nearly 230lbs. That is the most I have ever weighed. I hadn't exercised in the traditional sense (not counting newly married recreational activities). Sept 19, I began going to the gym 6-7 times a week (depending on how much pain I was in).
Today I have dropped down to 214lbs. Which isn't amazing, but I feel great. I have noticably lost weight in my face and waist (bought new belts). I have made huge steps in my weight training and have made huge strides in my rowing.
I have been rowing at least 4 times a week. This has been a competition that I have been having agianst myself. I row a minimal 2 miles of the highest tension setting on the row machine. Every time I record the time it took me on average to complete a mile. Yesterday I did a four mile row that I averaged 5.18 minutes a mile. Today, I did a 3 mile row and averaged 4.8 minutes a mile. I have only been consistent with rowing for about a month now though.
I know I am getting good cardio in, because I have been monitoring my heart beat, and after finishing these sessions, my heart rate is typically in the 'performance' category for my age.
Oh and my trap pull downs have pretty much stayed at 120lbs x18. Curling 110lbsx16. Pec flys 265lbs x14. Back extensions 302.5lbs x16.Body weight dips x14. Using some more 'old school' boxing gym type exercises with the tow ropes, the truck tire, and te sledge hammer/tire....(no idea what any of those are officially called though) *thumbs up*
Long post, but this was my first post in this section in like a month. Had a lot to say. :)

Last edited:
1 miles sprint. 2 mile row (5.05 minute miles on highest tension level). 8.5 mile bike (averaging 15.4 mph). Then to cool down, a 15 minute bike ride in my neighborhood.

Last edited:
Been lifting this transitional period while waiting for the XC snow to start. Mixed with elliptical. Lots of core work with the medicine ball and planks. Feeling good. Had two bonus days of XC skiing following Thanksgiving.

11 mile run on Saturday.

3 mile walk with the puppy this morning, followed by a 5 mile run with strides, then some body weight exercises.

Last edited:
Top Bottom