What's new

What's your workout today?

2 miles on the treadmill. Loving the Fivefingers shoes! Followed up with 30 minutes of Yoga until the battery on my ipod ran out.

You know I could see them for Yoga, but if I ran in the VFF my feet would be destroyed! I'm too flat footed for them. BTW, I can totally see you doing Yoga.

To run faster, run farther.

The run/walk thing is good for getting started. Check out the couch to 5k (C25K) programs.. walk a minute, run a couple minutes, rinse, repeat.

The rain stopped around 3am so I got in a quick ride of about 20 miles. Now I have to figure out where to entertain my kids all day long, other than my house.

More German Volume Training - Squats 10 sets of 10 reps, leg curl 10x10, calf raise 10x10 - 60 second rest between all sets. Hanging leg raise - 3x10. Doesn't look like much, but if you use the right weight (60% of your 1 rep max) it is one hell of a workout.

You know I could see them for Yoga, but if I ran in the VFF my feet would be destroyed! I'm too flat footed for them. BTW, I can totally see you doing Yoga.

I'll take that as a compliment....

I think bare feet are better for yoga, but I may give the VFFs a try.

Four mile trail run yesterday. I think I'll go for another four today, plus some kettlebell drills.

I was standing along the street today talking with one of my neighbors when a guy jogged by wearing VFFs. At first glance, I though that he was just running in black UA ankle socks, but then I saw the toesies. It looked like he had just got them--he was running down the hill as you would if you were coming down a steep incline in rubber beach sandals. My interest is piqued.

I should start posting in here regularly now that I'm exercising more regularly again.

My wife and I have been doing the Couch-to-5K program. We just finished Week 7, which was three runs/week of 25 minutes. We're averaging about a 9:30 mile, which is pretty good in my mind. I haven't been able to run a sub-10:00 since middle school when I could do it in about 7:00 (which sounded awesome at the time, but hey, I was a chubby Nintendo kid...you know what I mean).

In 20 days we're going to run the Medved Lilac 5K in Rochester. Theoretically we'll be ready for it :biggrin1:. Not looking for any specific time at which to finish; just wanting to finish. Both my wife and I started out absolutely hating running, but now we don't mind it so much. Wish us luck!

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill then did countdowns as follows:

Kettlebell swings + burpees. Start with 10 reps of each (per arm with the swings), then 9, etc. down to 1. No rest between any exercises. Sounds easy, but I assure you it is not.

Top Bottom