What's new

What's your workout today?

Thanks. I have been focusing on hitting with the ball of my foot and then lowering my heel to the ground. It sounds ridiculously easy but after running my entire lifetime as a heel striker it's taking me a while to get used to the transition.

Focus on your posture as well, it makes the forefoot strike easier.

Rode 89.3 miles today on my bike as part of training for a century I'm riding next month. Took the Washington and Old Dominion trail in northern Virginia from one end to the other and back.

Well last night I went to the parade with my wife and 2 year old son. He was pretty impressed with all the horses and big tractors. (Saskatchewan... what are you gonna do?)

Tonight I need to do Power Snatches and Pulls, Power clean and jerks and Clean pulls, and either front or back squats (or both... yuck...)

Rode 89.3 miles today on my bike as part of training for a century I'm riding next month. Took the Washington and Old Dominion trail in northern Virginia from one end to the other and back.

That's awesome, I did a hundred miler a couple years ago. It wasn't a race, I just did it by myself. If you can do 90, 100 won't be a problem at all.

I ran a slow 5k in my Vibrams last night. Time to go back to my stability shoes today, my leg hurts a bit.

Not sure how much running you've done in vibrams, but it is not advised to go run a 5k right out of the gate... start with a few 100m repeats. It will take time to adjust and your feet, ankles, calves and shins WILL hurt and could easily become injured if you do too much too soon.

Not sure how much running you've done in vibrams, but it is not advised to go run a 5k right out of the gate... start with a few 100m repeats. It will take time to adjust and your feet, ankles, calves and shins WILL hurt and could easily become injured if you do too much too soon.

I've been using them for a long time, I primarily use them for lifting, strides and my recovery runs. I've been a forefoot/midfoot striker for years.

2.5mi run followed by DL and pullups, then abs. Didn't sleep well last night, so I thought I'd have an abbreviated workout, but managed to complete it.

Yesterday: Oly lifting and 30 min on the Stairmaster. I was going to go for a run today, but I heard that my gym will be closed for the weekend so I went up and did my Saturday Olympic lifting routine today. Not keen on doing that, but it went well.

Top Bottom