What's new

What's your workout today?

10lbs PR on my snatch yesterday, pretty pumped about that.

Today working up to a new max C+J, clean pulls, hang clean shrugs, front squats and push presses.

Yesterday was another two mile run. Running in VFF is very different then running in regular running shoes, at least for me it is.

Oly lifting today, followed by 30 min on the Stairmaster.

Yesterday was another two mile run. Running in VFF is very different then running in regular running shoes, at least for me it is.

I had a similar experience. Trail running made the transition much easier for me. Even now, I can go a lot farther if I'm not on pavement.

Oly lifting today, followed by 30 min on the Stairmaster.

I had a similar experience. Trail running made the transition much easier for me. Even now, I can go a lot farther if I'm not on pavement.

I am transitioning from heel striking to striking on my mid foot or the ball of my foot, it is amazing how tired my calf's get. Are you only running in VFF or are you switching back and forth with a regular pair of running shoes?

I am transitioning from heel striking to striking on my mid foot or the ball of my foot, it is amazing how tired my calf's get. Are you only running in VFF or are you switching back and forth with a regular pair of running shoes?

Make sure you're not running on your toes. Your heels still hit the ground, just not first. Try to keep the ankle relaxed.

Make sure you're not running on your toes. Your heels still hit the ground, just not first. Try to keep the ankle relaxed.

Thanks. I have been focusing on hitting with the ball of my foot and then lowering my heel to the ground. It sounds ridiculously easy but after running my entire lifetime as a heel striker it's taking me a while to get used to the transition.

Top Bottom