What's new

Shave soap order boosted from my front porch.

Tracked it at work; out for delivery by USPS.
Got home at 6pm - no box.
Talked to the neighbor; he saw it on my porch at 4pm when he went to check his mail (3 of us have our mailboxes directly across the street from my house). Nice neighborhood too, well, until today.

I'm bummin'. 3 nice soaps I was stoked on trying out too.
Not a good way to start the weekend.

While I understand your frustration, maybe you can take some pleasure with the image of some lowlife piece of crap rushing home to check out his or her score, and finding shave soap. It could be the last time they target your porch, not gonna get much at the pawn shop for some soap!:biggrin1:

I suggest having one of your friends deliver a larger empty box on a day that you are home. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a semi-automatic paintball gun. Not only will you get the satisfaction of hearing the perp whine and sniffle like a little girl as he runs away, but you'll be doing society a favor. Who knows, maybe if you deliver the proper beating to him it may deter him from future acts of scum behavior. Maybe you have better ideas than pepper spray and paintballs. I figured it was the best way to accomplish your revenge without having to fill out any paperwork with the police.:wink2: So I guess even in terms of punishing criminals, YMMV.

Regards,

-JJ

I've often thought of mounting motion activated machine guns on the porch...just need to figure out how to make them know friend from foe...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
That sucks! Keep an eye out for that new well shaved fella. :c6:
Unfortunatley, he'll probably just shower with your old-stock English Fern :cursing:
I suggest having one of your friends deliver a larger empty box on a day that you are home. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a semi-automatic paintball gun. Not only will you get the satisfaction of hearing the perp whine and sniffle like a little girl as he runs away, but you'll be doing society a favor. Who knows, maybe if you deliver the proper beating to him it may deter him from future acts of scum behavior. Maybe you have better ideas than pepper spray and paintballs. I figured it was the best way to accomplish your revenge without having to fill out any paperwork with the police.:wink2: So I guess even in terms of punishing criminals, YMMV.

Regards,

-JJ

... maybe he'll just toss a brick through your window at 2am. (Remember, he knows where you live. :crying:)

... maybe he'll just toss a brick through your window at 2am. (Remember, he knows where you live. :crying:)

..and that's why I won't retaliate. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't be worth the amount of temporary satisfaction.

They weren't NOS, but they were from a vendor who is well respected here, and out of due respect those soaps won't be named :001_smile

I've just installed and tested a motion-sensing Webcam in one of the front windows with a view of my front porch. If it happens again - forget what I've said above.

I had something similar like that happen with an order. When I checked on line, I could tell that it had been delivered, but it wasn't there when I got home. Turns out, it had been windy that day and got blown off the porch, across my backyard and hung up on a row of bushes. I'm glad I found it or the raccoons and possums in the woods out back would have been smelling pretty nice.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I suggest having one of your friends deliver a large empty box on a day that you are home. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a tranquilizer gun. Dump them in the empty box, and mail it to Mogadishu.

There, FTFY

It sucks to have things taken from your home. It happened to me once in my old crappy apartment around Christmas: Some horrible weasel stole a box of presents from my grandparents that was right in front of our door. :cursing:

After that, I had everything shipped to my work, or my girlfriend's work.

Well, in the end it is just stuff, and it's too bad that some people are too weak-willed and morally loose to respect another person's property, but in the big picture, getting steamed and carrying a grudge won't get your things back. It's not easy, sometimes, but maybe the best thing to do is take a deep breath and let it go. That, or mail yourself a box of spring-loaded rhino crap...

Maybe that'll inspire the perp to join B&B after he googles shaving soap & discovers it's not hippie Nair.
Hopefully, he'll send you a PIF box fill of old formulation soaps for putting him on the path of righteousness.

Top Bottom