Thread: Shave soap order boosted from my front porch.

Default Shave soap order boosted from my front porch.

Tracked it at work; out for delivery by USPS.
    Got home at 6pm - no box.
    Talked to the neighbor; he saw it on my porch at 4pm when he went to check his mail (3 of us have our mailboxes directly across the street from my house). Nice neighborhood too, well, until today.

I'm bummin'. 3 nice soaps I was stoked on trying out too.
    Not a good way to start the weekend.

That sucks! Keep an eye out for that new well shaved fella.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Oh, that's terrible. Sorry to hear that.
    --Dave

Images

While I understand your frustration, maybe you can take some pleasure with the image of some lowlife piece of crap rushing home to check out his or her score, and finding shave soap. It could be the last time they target your porch, not gonna get much at the pawn shop for some soap!
    I'm not cynical about dessert.
    Jason

I suggest having one of your friends deliver a larger empty box on a day that you are home. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a semi-automatic paintball gun. Not only will you get the satisfaction of hearing the perp whine and sniffle like a little girl as he runs away, but you'll be doing society a favor. Who knows, maybe if you deliver the proper beating to him it may deter him from future acts of scum behavior. Maybe you have better ideas than pepper spray and paintballs. I figured it was the best way to accomplish your revenge without having to fill out any paperwork with the police. So I guess even in terms of punishing criminals, YMMV.

Regards,

-JJ

I've often thought of mounting motion activated machine guns on the porch...just need to figure out how to make them know friend from foe...

Images

What a bummer! Sorry to hear that.
    Rocco

Images

Quote Originally Posted by stoutreader View Post
    That sucks! Keep an eye out for that new well shaved fella.
    Unfortunatley, he'll probably just shower with your old-stock English Fern
    Quote Originally Posted by KWyKJJ View Post
    I suggest having one of your friends deliver a larger empty box on a day that you are home. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a semi-automatic paintball gun. Not only will you get the satisfaction of hearing the perp whine and sniffle like a little girl as he runs away, but you'll be doing society a favor. Who knows, maybe if you deliver the proper beating to him it may deter him from future acts of scum behavior. Maybe you have better ideas than pepper spray and paintballs. I figured it was the best way to accomplish your revenge without having to fill out any paperwork with the police. So I guess even in terms of punishing criminals, YMMV.

Regards,

-JJ
    ... maybe he'll just toss a brick through your window at 2am. (Remember, he knows where you live. )
    Be there or be square. Only I can do both!

"My lord, I will use them according to their desert."

"God's bodykins, man, much better: use every man
    after his desert, and who should 'scape whipping?"

Veteran of the Great Irisch Moos Campaign of 2008-09

Quote Originally Posted by Doc4 View Post
    ... maybe he'll just toss a brick through your window at 2am. (Remember, he knows where you live. )

..and that's why I won't retaliate. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't be worth the amount of temporary satisfaction.

They weren't NOS, but they were from a vendor who is well respected here, and out of due respect those soaps won't be named

I've just installed and tested a motion-sensing Webcam in one of the front windows with a view of my front porch. If it happens again - forget what I've said above.

I had something similar like that happen with an order. When I checked on line, I could tell that it had been delivered, but it wasn't there when I got home. Turns out, it had been windy that day and got blown off the porch, across my backyard and hung up on a row of bushes. I'm glad I found it or the raccoons and possums in the woods out back would have been smelling pretty nice.

I suggest having one of your friends deliver a large empty box on a day that you are home. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a tranquilizer gun. Dump them in the empty box, and mail it to Mogadishu.
    There, FTFY
    Phil
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It sucks to have things taken from your home. It happened to me once in my old crappy apartment around Christmas: Some horrible weasel stole a box of presents from my grandparents that was right in front of our door.

After that, I had everything shipped to my work, or my girlfriend's work.

Well, in the end it is just stuff, and it's too bad that some people are too weak-willed and morally loose to respect another person's property, but in the big picture, getting steamed and carrying a grudge won't get your things back. It's not easy, sometimes, but maybe the best thing to do is take a deep breath and let it go. That, or mail yourself a box of spring-loaded rhino crap...
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Images

I had a shipment of Lilac Vegetal swiped from our porch.

Next day, the perps had put it back.....
    "He must be a king. He hasn't got Williams all over 'im!" - cb91710
    I spend my knights at the Veg Table.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgumby View Post

I'd load up some 20 guage rock salt and bacon rind. Couple of those in the backside, and they won't be coming 'round your place no more.

Images

. When someone comes up to steal it you throw open the door, pepper spray them in the eyes and proceed to shoot them with a semi-automatic paintball gun.
    A box of exploding dog poop works a bit better, tho the cleanup is a bit much.
    “The things you used to own, now they own you.”

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Topgumby View Post

- Chuck

This is why I NEVER allow deliveries to be left on my front porch.

Maybe that'll inspire the perp to join B&B after he googles shaving soap & discovers it's not hippie Nair.
    Hopefully, he'll send you a PIF box fill of old formulation soaps for putting him on the path of righteousness.