What's new

Suggestions for razor storage/display

Well I'm already up to 5 razors, and I've been trying to figure out a way to store/display them and my future acquisitions (which I have a feeling will be plenteous:blushing:) without eating up the little bit of real estate I have available on my bathroom counter. Would a tobacco pipe rack work, or are the slots too close together to allow clearance between the shave heads? I've been considering buying a rack with open front slots instead of the complete holes if I could stumble upon one for the right price at an antique shop. Any other suggestions from those of you who happen to be less shave den challenged than myself?

Pipe racks are great. Ideally you can find one with the tobacco canister in the center to put extra blades in. Or soap/cream/after shave, unless you are like most of us and have a *ahem* variety of them too...

you could build one and drill holes to match your razors. I was thinking a multi-toothbrush holder might work as well.

I picked up an idea off someone on here (can't remember the thread), but it's simply a cutlery canteen, you can pick up some nice ones from the 'bay' at a reasonable cost and they have (with a little massaging) ready made slots for your gear.

I picked up an idea off someone on here (can't remember the thread), but it's simply a cutlery canteen, you can pick up some nice ones from the 'bay' at a reasonable cost and they have (with a little massaging) ready made slots for your gear.

+1 that's an excellent idea!:001_smile

For my everyday razors, I use a $2 pegboard tool holder with the loops dipped in plastic coat to protect the finish:
full

For display, I do use a pipe rack:
full

Last edited by a moderator:

Legion

Staff member
I've shown this before but...

Vintage test tube rack. I got a few of these from the basement at work.

proxy.php

Awesome idea, Legion. I never thought about a test tube rack! That would fit in my limited counter space way better than any of the pipe racks I've seen! Thanks. Now to find a retired mad scientist that's willing to part with some of his beloved equipment.:001_rolle

You can get racks made for displaying spoons, the local antique shop has 3 for around $12.00 each. My problem is the opposite, no wall space left to hang one!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Pick up a display case off of e-bay.
If you watch, they can be surprisingly cheap.
I got one in great shape for 20 bucks.
Just like this one;

It depends on the size of your space.

I've got a couple of tobacco pipe stands for on the vanity and a perspex stand for the window sill.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've found new wooden test tube racks at science class supply sites for between $5 and $11. I figure I could stain them the color I like after I get them. Extremely inexpensive and still attractive option. The pipe racks I've seen at antique shops here in town are larger than I want, and usually run $35 and up.

Top Bottom