What's new

Stephans Bay Rum A/S

M

mikem8966

Guys - I'm a new memeber, and I gotta tell yooz all, I'm loving Stephans Bay Rum A/S, it IS the classic Barber Shop scent, and it smells "manly"...true it does not last too long, maybe only 4 or 5 hours but man does it smell great! It is my absolute favorite.
I'm having a hard time finding anyone else here who likes the stuff...what gives?

Can anyone tell me if there is a good cologne out there that would work with Stephans Bay Rum A/S?

Stephans aftershaves don't get much ink here but I love them. For the price they can't be beat. I use both the bay rum and the alpine menthol on a regular basis. I am fortunate, my barber orders from Williamsport Barber Supply and meets the free shipping requirement and allows me to add my aftershaves to his order.

I know your original post was asking for a cologne suggestion and my post does not address your question. But when I saw your post heading, I could not resist the chance to give Stephans a bit of praise.

Ditto the above. I can't speak to the higher end BRs since I've not tried them, but Stephan's blows away both Master's and Pinaud's, imho. Nice, nice scent that doesn't punch people in the face. Nice, nice price, too. Deserves more ink, as was said.

Stephans aftershaves don't get much ink here but I love them. For the price they can't be beat. I use both the bay rum and the alpine menthol on a regular basis. I am fortunate, my barber orders from Williamsport Barber Supply and meets the free shipping requirement and allows me to add my aftershaves to his order.

I know your original post was asking for a cologne suggestion and my post does not address your question. But when I saw your post heading, I could not resist the chance to give Stephans a bit of praise.

Agreed. Haven't tried the Bay Rum, but the Alpine Menthol is fantastic stuff.:thumbup1:

If you can find Bigelow's Bay Rum Cologne, it's pretty nice. It used to be in Bath and Body Works, but I never see it anymore. Still available on Bigelow's own website:

http://www.bigelowchemists.com/product_info.php/products_id/3904

I picked up a bottle of the Bigelow BR cologne a few weeks back. It took me a few wears to determine that I did, in fact, like it. When fresh, it has an odd hint of cigarette smoke to it, according to my nose. It's not bad, just odd. Other than that, though, it's good juice. I like it, SWMBO likes it. And that's what counts, yanno? :thumbup1:

Top Bottom