What's new

Tea for Breakfast?

I think I can no longer tolerate coffee. Just a few months ago I began having a cup of coffee every morning before I went to classes with breakfast. By the time 11:00 rolled around, I would just feel deprived of energy. Yesterday, I tried a cup of Moroccan mint tea, and it was actually quite refreshing. And I didn't feel run down by the time elevenses came around.

So I am wondering what is a good breakfast tea? I normally do not drink black teas (can't stand anything real tannic), so instead I drink a lot of oolongs and greens. Any suggestions?

Try making your own Moroccan Mint- but omit the sugar. Just some nice gunpowder tea and a hefty helping of fresh mint. That always wakes me up and isn't sugary (can't have sugar when I first wake up).

I think I can no longer tolerate coffee. Just a few months ago I began having a cup of coffee every morning before I went to classes with breakfast. By the time 11:00 rolled around, I would just feel deprived of energy. Yesterday, I tried a cup of Moroccan mint tea, and it was actually quite refreshing. And I didn't feel run down by the time elevenses came around.

So I am wondering what is a good breakfast tea? I normally do not drink black teas (can't stand anything real tannic), so instead I drink a lot of oolongs and greens. Any suggestions?

To be honest, if coffee is sapping your energy, you might find the same with tea. Try a few different genres of tea to see if the same occurs. You could try an energetic and fresh green tea (e.g., Long Jing / Dragon Well, or perhaps Biluochun / Snail-Shell Green). For a real burst of energy, Japanese matcha can't be beat because you actually consume the (powdered) leaves, but it can get a bit pricey - and you have to whisk it yourself.

Be careful with those energy levels - there's nothing worse than fatigue. It could simply be that your quality of sleep has decreased due to too much caffeine. Sleep researchers often say that "quality of life is dependent on quality of sleep". You could test this out on your own physiology by trying to avoid caffeine after lunch - studies have shown that caffeine after lunch (approx 2 p.m.) remains in the body at sleeping time (approx 11 p.m. I think it was), which reduces the amount of neurochemical that encourages you to sleep.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Top Bottom